1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Using LaCie DVDRW ...

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by vja4Him, Dec 26, 2010.

1. vja4Him

vja4Him Member

I'm trying to figure out how to burn my files to a DVD disc, using my LaCie SuperWrite Master Speed Plus.

I tried using Toast 9 that is on the CD, but it's not working.

I'm sure there is a simple solution .....

My computer is a MacPro 2.93GHz, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

Help!!

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. vja4Him

vja4Him Member

Thanks. I figured out how to burn the DVDs. Used the old application, Disc Burner, but it doesn't have any option, no menu, absolutely nothing! Just one click, "BURN." That's it. No settings, no preferences, nothing.

Just burn, and be done. The app wouldn't even allow me to name my disc! And when I finished burning the 2.4GB of data, the DVD was locked, so I couldn't add any more data, even though the DVD is a double-layer (8.5 GB data).

I also tried using Toast Basic NV, which worked. I was able to name the disc, and burn around 8GB of data. Again, the DVD was locked, so I couldn't add any more data.

Looks like I'll be burning to the discs only once in a great while (like once or twice a year, since I'll have to burn everything all over again. What a waste!

I'll be using SDHC cards for updating my files frequently, and also updating files to my two external hard drives.

Maybe I can find some way to do Multiple Sessions with CDs ....