1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help using Nero!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tqualls, Jul 13, 2003.

1. tqualls

tqualls Member

Hi, well I've made it through the coverting part of it all, now I don't know how to burn them to cd's. I have tried to use Nero, first it tells me my files aren't in the right format (which, I know they are) anyhow, it then says it's burning my movie, yet nothing is happening. I waited for 3 hours last night, and ended up with nothing, it didn't burn anything on my CD. From what I have read Nero burns the disks at a pretty fast rate...is that correct? Anyhow, any guidence would again be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I also attempted using VCDeasy, but I'm not familiar with it, so I'm not sure of the proper way to use it.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok, are you sure they are completely vcd compliant files?? because nero will attempt a re-encode if they are not!

3. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

You can use TMPGEnc to rencode them to VCD compliant files and then use Nero to burn VCD.

sirmugen

4. Dela

exactly, but he hasnt even said if they are non compliant or not ;-)

5. tqualls

tqualls Member

Well, first I'm a she :)....yes they are vcd compliant, yet nero still tells me they aren't....anyhow, I have found a good program for me to burn vcd's to disk. I have begun using Ulead dvd creater. It works great! Well, thank you for your help!

6. ABMone

ABMone Guest

If nero told you they werent fully compliant then it probably wasnt

Tmpgenc has a great wizard that does it all for you if you didn't do it that way.

But if you get it to work a different way then hey no problems

7. Dela

tqualls, my deepest apologys :)

I'm a guy and ppl often think i am a girl cause of the name but the name comes from my last name! My name is James, and of course would love to help a lady out with these annoying digital video problems :)

Now, had you used TMPGEnc of the encoding first and then tried to burn using Nero???

8. tqualls

tqualls Member

No apologies necessary :)...

I did use TMPGenc first before attempting to use Nero, I tried both ways. Luckily though the new program I discovered works great, and quickly, I don't even have to use TMPGEnc to convert the files Ulead does it for me. The only thing I find odd, for any of the software I've tried. I have to use VirtualDub before the video files work right. Do you know why that is? Am I missing some kind of important codecs or something?

9. Dela

Well the source audio has often got some weird compression so encoders find it hard to read it.

Just to say, I dont like ulead and trust me you will have sound out of sync problems! If you want I can show you through TMPGEnc so that you get it working perfect?

10. tqualls

tqualls Member

I'm surprised you don't like Ulead....so far my experiences with it have been great, and perhaps I'm enjoying it so much right now is because I reached a dead end with everything else!

I appreciate your offer to help, and that would be great, even though I like ulead I think it would be beneficial to know other ways.

Thanks!

11. Dela

Hey its no problem at all!! Anyway I dont like ulead because it can give a lot of out of sync problems or other playback problems! That is what i got from my experience with it. For VCD I definately would stick to TMPGEnc and VCDEasy!