1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help VCD Menu!

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by vexeh, Sep 17, 2004.

1. vexeh

vexeh Member

hi guys just joined these forums, so im all new to these moving on...

in my time i have burned around 10 vcd's with nero smartstart as that is the only vcd copier i can manage to use lol.

when i copied my vcd it takes me through a process this consists of the following:

selecting my media filed to place onto disc

THEN

this is where my problem is.. it asks me to edit my own VCD Menu and when i do edit OR even when i leave it blank so it only shows the 2 chapters of the vcd,

when i play my vcd on my DVD player and the VCD Menu comes up it cnt use my left right and down keys on my controller, what i have 2 do to play it is skip backa chapter its pretty annoying does anybody know what my problem is and how do i fix this. thanx guys!

*EDIT*i have posted this on the wrong section also, sorry*EDIT*

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I don't think you can use the arrow keys to scroll through your VCD like a DVD. From the ones I burned, you have to select a number from the remote keypad and then press the Enter key on your remote.
    "1" + "Enter" key = main menu
    "2" + "Enter" key = 1st chapter
    "3" + "Enter" key = 2nd chapter

I would burn some VCDs where the menus wouldn't work so I just burned 1 show per CD after that and said the heck with the menus. Maybe there is a way around it, but I didn't look too hard.