1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP Very Very Slow burn time to dvd & cd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by KEVMAC, Aug 12, 2004.

1. KEVMAC

KEVMAC Guest

Hi Guys
    I have a AMD 1200 processor ,200gig hard drive (7200), and a Pioneer 107d dvd writer. It takes me nearly an hour to burn 3.5 gig movie at 4 speed which Im told is very slow , Ive tried Nero 6, plus the latest Clone DVD is anyone aware of Known problems with these drives or is this an average burn time plus it takes 12 minutes to burn 700mb to cd at 24x,HELP.

Thanks Guys
    kmac

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

check your ide settings, make sure they are set to DMA

Control Panel -> system icon -> hardware tab -> device manager -> ata/atapi controllers -> right click primary ide controller, then click properties -> click advanced tab.

3. avalon63

avalon63 Member

Have the same problem. Happened from one backup to the other..
    settings are set to DMA, but it makes no difference.

4. john179

john179 Active member

Have a check to ensure your speed is set to max when burning with Nero.Also when burning your dvd and check the speed is working on max.Some media you purchase sometimes is not always totally compatible with your drive.My lite-on drive will only burn the red datawrite discs at 2 speed even though they are 4 speed disc's.Check on pioneer web site as to the burning speeds of media with your drive.As i use to have a pioneer myself and certain media will only burn at certain speeds with a pioneer like wise with all burners.You will alway's get the odd media which will under achieve.Also clone dvd is quite a slow programe as it will compress then burn so if you going to use it will take a while.
    John179

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't worry about burning at max speed. If I burn at 8x I end up with discs that skip(coasters). Even burning at 2.4x it should only take around 20 minutes.

Like Pete said ... check your aspi layer and make sure your burners firmware is up to date.

@KEVMAC & avalon63,

Are you using an external burner?