1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help w/ divx--mpeg2; tmpg/vdub load file, image garbled

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by iamrafa, Feb 16, 2004.

1. iamrafa

iamrafa Member

alright, i searched the forums but all i could find was for movies that wouldn't load at all.

i have this video, encoded in divx from dv (using premiere). now i want to convert that to mpeg2 for use on a dvd. i don't have the original anymore.

when i load the file in wmp or media player classic, it plays fine. when i load it in tmpg or vdub, the image is garbled. it seems like the interlacing is off to the left or something. the title shows up first, and instead of being centered like so:

### # ### #
    # # ## # # ##
    # # # # # #
    # # # # # #
    ### ### ### ### (0101)

it comes out on the left side of the screen like so:

### # ### #
    # # ## # # ##
    # # # # # #
    # # # # # #
    ### ### ### ### (0101)

and all subsequent frames follow accordingly, showing static and wierd black and white blotches. again this only happens in tmpg and vdub, not in wmp or mpc. any ideas what could be causing the problem?

oh, heres a gspot screenshot of the video:
    [​IMG]

i have all the codecs installed; i mean, i can play the video. so what could be wrong?
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]fishticks![/small]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Frameserve with Virtualdub instead. First you need to install the handler by going to the Vdub program directory and running "auxsetup.exe" and click "Install Handler". Start Vdub and open your avi. Go to file and select "Start Frameserver", then click "Start". Select a file name for the .vdr file and save it where you can find it easily. Leave the window open and start TMPGEnc and load the .vdr file as the video source. The audio will be served as well automaticaly. Hope this helps.

3. iamrafa

iamrafa Member

ok, this did something, but not everything. now the title appears centered, like it would in wmp, but it still has like cuts going throught it. and it's not quality loss, it's like the interlacing is fucked. like i said, the video plays fucked up in vdub too, even if i'm just previewing with no compression options. thanks tho, this seems to be leading somewhere.

4. iamrafa

iamrafa Member

[​IMG]

here's what it looks like in vdub (and tmpg), while in wmp and mpc it looks fine. in tmpg i have the directshow thread priority set to 2.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]fishticks![/small]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  5. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

That looks like a codec issue, dude. Interlacing wouldn't cause anywhere near that much distortion. Try changing the 4cc to DIVX instead of DIV3. Get the 4cc changer here: http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N339....=468X60A|728X90A/v=1.0J//BURSTURL=;ord=15495?

You need a current Divx codec too(at least version 5). Not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot. As a last resort you could try installing FFDSHOW.