1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help w/ used IPOD

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by gunboy3, Jan 27, 2007.

1. gunboy3

gunboy3 Member

I purchased a used 40 gig Ipod and updated all the software and was able to load songs on my friend's 'puter. But when it came to loading them at my place it won't go. I have restored it and reset it and all that,after getting the folder/! symbol, so it is known to my HD. It will update a few dozen songs and then I will get a message saying "Attempting to copy failed. Disk could not be read from or written to" I also reinstalled Itunes and went through all the troubleshooting.I noticed that afterward, all my songs were in there when I reinstalled. Should that be? Wouldn't the library have been wiped clean? Any help greatly appreciated. Oh, and restoring frequently fails and I have to redo it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  2. gunboy3

gunboy3 Member

It seems that I have to sync it bit by bit. It will sync the songs in loads of twenty or forty or a couple hundred, depending on its mood. Case solved. Maybe someone will find this illuminating