1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Will not copy.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JaySrt4, Mar 3, 2005.

1. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

Hi I have tried using dvd shrink dvd decryptor and I bought icopydvd's2 and still nothing works. I have windows xp im using a external sony drx 710ul with a high speed usb port 2.0. Now everytime I go to copy a dvd it rips it fine but when it copys it it only gets like 5 percent into it and than it stops and says there was a error. Im using TDK DVD-r 8x. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I have used the how to exactly and still no dice. I have tried the starwars trilogy to copy and aliens v predator. I know the AVP works because my dads friend copied it before on his own pc.

2. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

Also the dvd's arent scratched and they are clean. They rip fine to my hd just will not burn.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Man I see more and more post's about that drive. I don't think I will be buying one of those..
    Have you checked in your device manager to make sure your USB is set up as enhanced USB? Also make sure that all the drivers and firmware are up to date for that drive. What exactly is the error you are getting?

4. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

It gets to either 4% or 5% and just stops. Or it just finalizes it and says theres a error.

5. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

Ok well I fixed the problem. I erased everything nero dvd decryptor and dvd shrink ran my spyware program found some stuff removed it. Reinstalled nero than dvd decryptor than dvd shrink. Now it works perfectly. Thanks for your help I feel dumb but hey thats why im a newb gotta start out somewhere.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Glad to see you got it working, and your not really a noob. Most people wouldn't have figured on trying that on there own. You did good :)

7. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

hey quick question since your watching this. What will happen if you do not analyse before you shrink it at all and burn it?

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm a little confused about your ??
    If you are getting ready to back it up in Shrink and don't want to analyse?
    or are you saying the movie is small enough to fit on a DVD without Shrink?
    I'm not sure what you are asking?