1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!! Windows Media Audio V2

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ulysse, May 22, 2002.

1. ulysse

ulysse Member

I have downloaded a Friends episode in DivX video format. It's compressed in windows media audio V2 format?????? and I don't get any sound with the pisture? What can I do to get sound? Thanks for any help and tips .

2. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Have you tried installing Media Player 7? The codec probably comes bundled with it. I don't know if it's available separately.

3. ulysse

ulysse Member

Thanks for your reply, but I am actually running media player 8. I was able to find the same file in a valid audio format, so my problem is solved. Cheers anyway

4. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Ah, that's cool. You can always try using VirtualDub to see if the video or audio stream is corrupt.

5. fingfast

fingfast Guest

6. gaxer

gaxer Member

thanks a lot now i can watch my tripods avis using nimo pack! thx thx thx

7. SoliloQuy

SoliloQuy Member

i'm having the same problem. could someone help me out and tell me what to do? i'm not getting any sound and yeah thanx if anyone can help that would be great

8. porter

porter Guest

i downloaded a charmed episode..i have windows media player 8..it is avi format..i got video but no sound...what do i do??????????

9. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

if youve no audio. Open the file in virtualdub, click video and select direct stream copy, click audio and select full processing mode click audio again and then compression select no compression and click ok. Then click file - save avi. The output that you save should now have audio that windows media can read. To save yourself this problem, download a divx player.

10. helpme

helpme Guest

i have an avi file only its not. confused? me too. it says that its a video clip but it won't play in windows media player, divx player, i tried quicktime as well. i tried playin it in everything from internet xplorer to winamp and it wouldn't work. HELP!!! i tried to look at it in virtualdub but it said it couldn't see what type of file it was. save me!

11. Dela

Would I be right in saying that you downloaded this movie over a peer 2 peer network????

If you did, its probably a fake.

Of coarse, It could be just damaged so search kazaa for "DIVX-FIX_(REPAIRS_UNFINISHED_AVI_FILES_TO_WATCH).EXE".

Thats repaired a few downloaded files for me!!

12. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

13. helpme

helpme Guest

i think the file is just screwed, but its ok coz i downloaded a different one :) and it works fine. no need to ponder but thanx anyway.

14. Dela

Drop the peer2peer sharing and get involved in irc channels in places like irc.criten.net (i think it still works) that are famous for the movie trade.

15. tsikou

tsikou Member

the smrcodec really helped with the problem!!!!so anyone out there with divx files with no audio use the link mentioned earlier in this thread

16. mhi003

mhi003 Member

I'm completely new to this divx business. I want to see and here some episodes of x-men but their audio files are in Windows Media Audio V2.

I downloaded the Nimolite pack 1.0 and tried to install it. But in the installation process I get a message "MSVCR70.dll was not found and reinstalling the application might fix the problem", and then quickly exits the installing window.

Now I have couple of questions.

1)What is this MSVCR file and how can I get it fixed?

2)After installing Nimo what do I do? Is DicectX necessary for this program to run my movies correctly? And if I have already installed Direct X and Nimo what do I do next?

Thanks

17. Dela

18. mhi003

mhi003 Member

So after I download the codec what do I do?

How will my Divx player or my Windows Media Player know that the codec its there, and will then use it to play sound?

19. Dela

When you have codec's installed, when windows media or whatever goes looking for an appropriate file to use to play the avi's it will find that the codecs are the best ones!

I just added that about the nimo codec pack because if you were ever converting a movie to vcd or something you would get a shock at the disgusting quality that a lot of people have been giving out about!

20. kevong

kevong Guest

help!!! dela, i installed both radium 4 and mpeg 4, and when i opened the file from windows media and divx still no sound... its a windows media audio v2 file... i used virtual dub and it cannot be save. theres an error says "the requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. check the sampling rate and the channel count of the input match those of the requested format. help plz

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2002