1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with 2 audio layer .avi files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tomal, Oct 11, 2003.

1. tomal

tomal Member

hi there!
    i've downloaded an avi movie "Come and See" which has 2 audio layer! one is Russian and another is English.
    i want to create an SVCD with only English audio. but i dont know how to do that. can anybody plz help me. im quite a newbie in this creating SVCD files and other stuff. any help will be greately appreciated!!
    thanx!

tomal._X_X_X_X_X_[small]

tomal[/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2003
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you will need a Little Program called "AVI-Mux" you can use it to extract the Correct audio file or to make an AVI file with just one audio track...You just load your AVI file into AVI-Mux then it will show a window with the Video stream and the audio streams and there will be a Box next to each stream, if you Put a check mark next to the Video stream and the English audio stream and then go to "Go" and then save the file, then the Saved file will be the Video with just the one audio stream...Then you just encode the new file to SVCD and it will have just one audio track...cheers

3. tomal

tomal Member

thank you very much Minion!!! it was a great help for me. it worked fine .. and now im creating the svcd.
    anyway ... thanx again!