1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a downloaded movie to DVD-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DanyF, Jan 30, 2005.

1. DanyF

DanyF Member

I just downloaded Team America:World police and now i want to burn to DVD-r it but I have no idea wich guide to look at. In the folder of Team America that i downloaded, there is 50 files with names like dvl-team.r01 all the way to .r48 then there is dvl-team.rar and dvl-team.sfv. I have a bunch of tools like the shrink and decripterTMPEnc. I tried to search and borwse through the site but i just don't know what to look for exactly.

Thanks

2. Samelot

Samelot Guest

ok, are u ready// THere is a tutorial on afterdawn that tells u what to do, but i cant find it. So here is my tutorial.
    ----
    So u probebly downloaded a .rar file of irc or maybe something else, When u open that file u should see a long list of .rar files (there are the parts of the movie) Dvl-team.r01. The .sfv file is a file that u can open and it will show u an overview of all the smaller parts in there (it basiclly assures u taht everything is there.)

THIS IS WHAT U SHOULD DO (or atleast this is how i do it):

1st- make a new folder on ur desktop (name it what ever).
    2nd- extract all the (parts) .rar files into the folder.
    3rd- go back to ur "Team America: World Police" .rar folder, and click on the 1st .rar file (dvl-team.r01.)

*WARNING. I HAVE ONLY BURNED PC GAMES AND THIS NEXT BIN AND CUE PART IS USUALLY WHAT THEY GIVE ME> A DVD MIGHT GIVE U SOMETING ELSE (maybe .vobs)* but i think ull still be able to manage.

4th- when it opens u should see 2 files (a .bin file and a .cue file)
    5th- drag those to ur desktop. (it will ask u to locate the first .rar file (dvl-team.r01.))
    6th- when it does open ur folder on ur desktop with all the .rars in it and find the first one.

It should compile it self from there.

After all this u need to burn the .cue file (which will point to the .bin file) to eventually create the cd.)

burn the cue to a cd and ur done

3. DanyF

DanyF Member

Ok thanks, i extracted the first .rar file on my desktop with winrar. It gave me one .AVI file. I shouldnt be too hard from here.
    God i love this site!

4. hp01jpc

hp01jpc Member

For some reason I can't extract this. Winrar keeps on asking me for the file with the extension .r00 but all my rar files start at r01 going up to r048. The SFV file also says that there should be a .r00 file in the folder which was downloaded.

If I try and unpack it all, I get a prompt asking for the .r00 file. If I change that to the first rar file .r01 it looks like its going to work but then says the file is corrupt just before it finishes.

My download seems to have missed out one file.