1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Action Replay and home made/modded controller

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by scatman10, Aug 29, 2008.

1. scatman10

scatman10 Regular member

I modded an Xbox controller so that it can connect via usb to my computer so that I can use The action replay program to transfer files over to the memory card.

When I first connected my xbox controller I directed windows to install the drivers where action replay had installed them. After that I inserted the memory card into the controller and windows was automatically able to install the drivers for the memory card.

Now once i open up action replay, I cannot access or put anything on the memory card. Seems as if action replay does not sense the memory card:(

The controller is MadCatz and the memory card was bought off of ebay and is not an original xbox memory card. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. hossiam

hossiam Member

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

4. scatman10

scatman10 Regular member

Thanks for the help, But Im not using a usb drive, I'm using a modded xbox controller and a standard xbox memory card. Now I've narrowed my problem down a little.

I'm able to install the controller drivers perfectly fine, but when it comes to installing the memory card,thats where i strike failure.

When I insert the memory card into the controller, it does not ask me for drivers, instead my computer automatically recognizes it and installs it as a usb mass storage device :(
    Then I tried manually installing the drivers from the device manager, but when i direct it to the datel action replay drivers folder it states that the files have no information pretaining to my hardware. In other words it does not have the right drivers:( HELP!!!!

5. scatman10

scatman10 Regular member

Nevermind I figured it out.
    Thanks c4rn1 I used the guide you showed me and applied it to my xbox memory card it worked thanks!

6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

good stuff...glad it all worked out

7. scatman10

scatman10 Regular member

Yeah Turns out my memory card for the xbox is like super generic brand, kinda like that one brand of beer called beer lol. Well anyway my problem was resolved when I used the yyyy and zzzz guide and applied it to my xbox memory card(my pc read my memory card as a usb mass storage device for some reason) so once that was done I was finally able to actually install the damn drivers and get on with my life!
    I went on to softmod my xbox with UnleashX then successfully lock a 30Gb hard drive which made my night! Morning now rather :-]
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

8. tommyd13

tommyd13 Regular member

I have been trying the USB Flash Drive mod with various brands, and no luck, so I soldered the controller memory card terminal directly to the end of the usb cable. When I plug it into the pc, with an xbox memory card it says :

USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED

I looked in USBView and it says failed to enumerate and all codes are "0000"
    I installed this driver thinking it would help, but either I am not using it right(assume it's automatic when i plug in XMU) or it's not helping.
    I have a Gamester(?) XMU and a MadCatz.
    Any help appreciated to let me know what I need to do. I do have AR on the pc as well.
    Thanks!

EDIT:I went to the USB and tried to install the above driver from the folder it claims it is in, but nothing shows up. So I went into the folder and I have a readme file, a shortcut to the internet for the driver DL and an Uninstall driver file. How can it say it's installed but I do not see it anywhere?!

EDIT:To put out the fire of anyone saying it's because it's not "official" xbox mem card, I tried that too-same problem on 2 of them.

OK, found easiest way that worked with no hassle. JUST USE AN XBOX CONTROLLER WITH USB END AND MEMORY UNIT! WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  9. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

help me decie wich to work vista and can i usb gameshark with action replay

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

xbox104 - please stick to your post here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/218495/4558622

Plus.. from your posts it's obvious the home made controller route isn't for you, you should stick to softmodding via Action Replay. But you're going to have to read the tutorials and actually ask proper questions in your other posts if we're going to help you..

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  11. breadhead

breadhead Member

G'day Ladies and Gentlemen

Well I got up to the part where i have to open Action Replay and copy files to it...when i open AR it comes up with this program has encountered an error and needs to close!!!

Any help/comments/answers would be greatly appreciated.

Breadhead

12. scatman10

scatman10 Regular member

Well its obvious your program is crashing. If your running windows vista right click on the AR icon and run it as administrator see if that doesn't fix your problem. Some programs have difficulties running on vista if they haven't been made for vista yet.

13. breadhead

breadhead Member

Thanks scatman10,

I am just running xp on my laptop...its nothing special

So you're suggesting that i just download a different Action Replay software???

Cheers
    Breadhead