1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with adding evox etc to hard modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by loungy, May 26, 2009.

1. loungy

loungy Member

I inherited a hard modded Xbox from my flatmate and i want to turn it into a region free DVD player for my girlfriend. im not sure what kind of mod chip it has it has clearly been opened and when it boots the green xbox logo appears in blue and he used to play backup xbox games on it. I also have a soft modded xbox however the hard modded one wont read the splinter cell disk so i cant softmod it. any tips would be help full ideally i would like to be able to use the remote and have the box boot to a DVD or media. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

So what dashboard pops up?

3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

the one that boots with the xbox logo in blue, that box will most probably have either a tsop flash or a chip. (perhaps it is booting an executer bios?):
    for your xbox, go get yourself a copy of the slayer or aid disc. put that into your xbox (the one that boots the xbox logo with blue, most probably an executer bios. either a chip or a tsop flash) and boot your xbox. then install a dashboard of your choice (f.i. xbox mediacenter) and you are good to go.