1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Adobe Premiere Pro! Desperate! Need Help FAST!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by camie_la, Oct 15, 2004.

1. camie_la

camie_la Member

Hi! I'm new here. Please help! I've been working on this video for the past two days nonstop, and I've been learning Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 in the process. I decided to test the final video to see what it looked like so I exported the first 10 minutes of the movie. It works fine and everything, it's just that the file is 1.2 GB! I need it to fit on one 800 MB CD-R. [bold]What settings should I have to get the best video quality with minimal disk space? [/bold] Or is that not possible with settings in Adobe Premiere Pro?

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I don't know that much of video compression, but I would try .avi, and to be safe, I would try every major format available and test out the results.

Hope I could help! (Because I really can't.)

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Yep you just edited your .avi and then exported it. You are going to need to convert it into an Mpeg. Does your Premiere have the "Adobe Media Converter"? Just use that to export with. It is actually a Mainconcept Encoder plug in. Try the two pass VBR. My PPro stuff always comes out nice.

Edit: This post would fit better in the Authoring forum so if you still have problems you should post there.
    Cheers,
    Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    dual Xeon 3.06, 2 WD 76Gb Raptors, raid 0, Maxtor 250, 2Gb RAM, 2 monitors, GSXR1000, 88 Mazda truck
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004