1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Alcohol 120

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by kirsty2k7, Jun 30, 2006.

1. kirsty2k7

kirsty2k7 Member

Hi,
    I really need help with alcohol im trying to burn a game and after I click on start it comes up with waiting for disk, so I put a blank disk in and it regesters it but it still says that it needs a blank disk.
    Can anyone help it's driving me crazy
    Thankyou
    kirsty

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I believe with Alcohol 120% that it only allows you to be able to burn to CD-R and CD-RW. Im not sure about that but like 80% sure.

3. movado

movado Member

a120% can burn dvd's too. what type of media are you using?

4. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

yeah, that happened to me a couple times. whenever that happends, I ussualy means that the disk I have in there is screwed up. I ussualy just grab another disk from my spindle and it works. Im just using cheap memorex's so not all 100 of my blank DVDs are doing to be without defects

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I forgot to post that Alcohol 120% can burn to DVD's. What type of discs are you using. If you get one to register AND burn burn at a low speed since the discs are giving you problems.

6. mJoshua83

mJoshua83 Member

I am wondering how you create virtual drives with Alcohol 120 I can't figgure it out for the life of me.

7. hale93

hale93 Member

Hi, need help burning dvd's with alcohol 120. I am trying to make a back up copy of underworld evolution. Can alcohol 120 burn that movie because i am trying to backup the movie right now and it taking a long time. Also it says a lot of bad sectors. Do I need to set a certain option or turn something on or anything like that i have the newest version also. Please help thank you Joe

8. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@ mJoshua83

No problem. When your on/in the main window of the program, and you have options like "image making wizard" and "image burning wizard". Beneath those options their will be a option called "Virtual Drive" (its the 9th from the top). Select it and the first option in the window that opens should say "number of virtual drives", click it and in the drop-down menu select however many drives you want.

@hale93

Alcohol 120% is able to create disc images and burn them. But it is not intended for the purpose of backing up commercial DVD. It says "bad sectors" or "unreadable sectors" because thats a form of protection on the disc.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  10. mJoshua83

mJoshua83 Member

hay thanks I really appreciate the help. I will try it in the morning after work.

11. hale93

hale93 Member

hey thanks for all that. So alcohol 120 cannot burn protected dvd. There is no way around it you would have to use another program like dvd fab decrypter or dvd decrypter and vob blanker. So alcohol 120 cant make backup copies of protected dvd, is there any way around it using alcohol 120? Let me know thanks Joe

12. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

AnyDVD > all

'nuff said.

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@hale93

Alcohol 120% CAN burned dvds that are protected it just has a hell of a time ripping them. If you had a program like DVD43FREE or AnyDVD running while ripping using alcohol then it should work. But there are so many better options. You could rip it with DVDFab Decrypter and shrink it with DVD Shrink. You could buy software such as anyDVD, CloneDVD2, and/or 1Click DVD Copy. In fact anyDVD and CloneDVD2 would be your best bet. The work great together. You can try both for free for 21 days (slysoft.com.

14. ReneB64

ReneB64 Guest

I have been using alcohol 120 for a while now, and recently, it wont allow me to burn the latest games i would like to backup. It copies fine, but when burning it stops about halfway through and says there is a problem with recording procedure, and the it ejects the DVD. Am using imation DVDs I thought they were good quality, I read others have this problem also even using sony and verbatim, anyone find the solution?

15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I have had the same problem with various types of media I have used with Alcohol 120%. What I had to do is lower my burn speed. So try a burn at half of what your media is rated for. If it still fails go slower if it doesnt fail then your all good.