1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with anydvd clonedvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by np3502, Mar 17, 2007.

1. np3502

np3502 Member

i just got this program. do u need two drives to use it. i have only one on my laptop. it is a dvd burner. can i use it with this program. if so, how? thanks for the help

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Yes, you can use it. You will need to make a folder on your HDD called the title of the movie and another folder under that called VIDEO_TS.

It should look like this C:\Eragon\VIDEO_TS

Hopefully you have a large enough HDD to do this. After the movie is compiled on the HDD select that as your input and your burner as your output.

3. np3502

np3502 Member

thanks that helps alot.

do you run anydvd at the same time as clone dvd or do you run it first?

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

CloneDVD does not decrypt. It does compress, transcode, and burn. Use ANYDVD in conjunction (at the same time) with CLONEDVD for the decryption part. CloneDVD and AnyDVD are made by the same person, so they are made for each other......

5. syxguns

syxguns Active member

AnyDVD should be running in the background for CloneDVD2 to work properly. You should see a little fox head next to your clock.

I really don't use CloneDVD that much anymore. I have other editing software that I use instead. You can use AnyDVD with DVD Decrypter, then run it through VobBlanker, then use DVD Shrink, and burn with ImgBurn. I use to do it that way, but now I bought a program that gives me the ability to change menu's. Now I use DVD ReMake Pro.

Most of the stuff that you want to be able to do can be done with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, however, I like to change menu's and functions withing the DVD. Let me make a long story short. I have around 900 backup DVD's that I have made over the last several years. With practice comes the knowledge. Sometimes AnyDVD will not handle a move correctly and I will use DVDFab Decrypter or RipIt4Me before I use my other programs. That is one great thing about this site! There are many knowledgeable people to share with you the way to get a movie done if you are not able to do it!

6. np3502

np3502 Member

thanks for the help ill let you know how it goes

7. np3502

np3502 Member

when using anydvd and clonedvd what percent quality should the movie be? i had one at 100% but then two around 50%. is there a way to increase the quality?

8. syxguns

syxguns Active member

50% is pretty poor quality. You want to try to keep it around 70% or higher. Some movies have the movie on the DVD 2 times. One is wide screen and the other full screen. If this is the case you may remove one of those options.

Another option is to do movie only, however, if you are like me then you like the menu's. As you noticed in my last post I mentioned VobBlanker to edit out stuff in a movie. CloneDVD allows you to do this but it is not as detailed.

The last option that you have is to use a free program called Menu Shrink. Here is a link to it. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/menushrink.cfm

Here is a little help link. http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/shrink_dvd_menus_with_menushrink.cfm

I myself find that using a more powerful program can do everything for me. However, that program is not free. I hope the information I gave you helps.

9. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

There is no absolute rule and to what percent quality the movie should be, but as a general rule I don't go below 70%. When the quality score is lower I use Shrink or Nero Recode and click the quality settings for a double pass. It takes longer but definitely improves the quality...

You may also want to consider using a DL disk if quality percent is low.

To improve the quality percent on SL discs use "movie only and delete directors comments, foreign languages, unnecessary audio tracks etc.