1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with area 51

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by lojack, May 2, 2005.

1. lojack

lojack Member

hi all

i am having problems with my area 51 back up. says that there is a disc error blah blah dirty disc. well i upgraded my os for my xenium ice chip to 2.3 on my ver 1.2 xbox. i am also using the evolution m8 dashboard. does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
    lojack

2. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

Have you been patching the xbe files with either Quix or Craxtion? If so, it could be the brand of media you're using. What brand and type of DVDs are you using?

3. lojack

lojack Member

im using memorex dvd-r. i have used it on several other games and they work fine. i have also used fuji dvd-r and compusa dvd-r and they all work fine except for this one game.

thanks for you help
    lojack

4. lojack

lojack Member

i havent patched an xbe file yet. there are 3 files: default, update and dashupate. do i patch all 3 files?

thanks

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

you just patch the default.xbe file,the other two are update files that are generaly used by xbox live. If you want you can delete those other two files.

6. Stuman

Stuman Member

This game has been bugging my tits.

I have a NTSC iso and a Pal xbox. I burned the iso to dvd (Ritek - x2, so its not the media or burn speed). Didn't work, just got to as the game is about to start and I get a dirty disc error.

So extracted the iso and rebuilt it with both craxtion and qwix, still no joy.

I tried DVD2Xbox (0.63) with all these discs and the same again. Dirty disc.

So, after exhausting everything else, I exctracted the file through qwix (FTP to xbox), woo hoo, it sort of worked, in black and white :(

So I changed the video settings a little, got the colour back, and with it the dirty disc error.

My god is this ever gonna work??? Any sugestions would be much appreciated. While I try to hunt out a PAL iso...