1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with aspect ratio using TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by AdRock925, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

that's probably the winfixer...it's the virus that claims to be Windows anti-virus 2006...it tries to disable all your anti-spyware and anti-virus software..and loads ad-ware onto your computer.

2. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

have you figured out how to get rid of it? I didn't have this before, I wonder where it came from?....
    I'm on the verge of reinstalling windows.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  3. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

i think i have my system clear now...what anti-virus software you using...Norton? McAfee? I followed the manual removal instructions for removing it...used Regedit....also mostly used ewido and spyhunter to get all the spyware out....then did another double check to make sure all the trojans were gone..with trojan hunter, trojan remover and the vondufixer program and also check to make sure no cool web search was in there with CWshredder.

I'm back to working on the dvd projects again.

4. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

All that is working on my pc is ad-aware, spybot quit working, can't install norton (sucks anyway), windows defender, or a bunch of other spyware removal progs. (can't remember the names of all i've tried), hijack this isn't showing anything abnormal yet the log seems to be getting shorter, ran ccleaner.

also can't install avast or spyware doctor.

a2 hijackfree is working but doesn't seem to be able to do much, also have spyware guard & spyware blaster working (prevention only-not removal) just in case another bug tries to slip through as i am installing anti-spyware progs from unknown sources.

5. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

you really need to go with a good firewall and anti-virus software.
    firewalls I'd recommend: OutPost, McAfee, Zone Alarm
    anti-virus: Norton<--but this rules out McAfee for firewall. If you are on AOL...mcAfee comes packaged with it..i think.

So you are ready to use the DGPulldown program on the m2V? then import all your audio& video into dvdlabpro?
    Let me know how smoothly that goes...and if DVDLabPro gives you any warnings or redflags over the DGPulldown tag.

6. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

I'm behind a firewall, and hell no I'm not using AOL- (what's that anyway?) this is inevitable when you install 20 programs in a month from questionable sources - thought I was being cautious but guess I got impatient. I'll try to install some of the "mainstream" virus protect progs one more time but then it's the reformat button....I'm f*cking pissed, I hate computers.

7. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

well..if you're not finding anything "wrong/different" about your system, and nothings popping up or giving Warning Flags trying to "communicate" thru your firewall...I'd just get back to business as usual. I should have set a "restore point" b4 I downloaded those .jpg's...but I got careless and didn't.....man it really flooded my computer...i've got that site on my 'Black list' 'do not visit' list. Maybe, if i had acted fast enought I could have locked down the connection...in the old days of Windows Anti-spyware Beta 1..by Giant..it would have kicked in and blocked them from installing...but this new Windows Defender sucks! it didn't even raise an eyebrow proving once again once microsoft gets it's hands on something ...it goes to poop.

8. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

ignore this

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  9. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

I consider not being able to install any kind of spyware removal software both "wrong" and "different". I'll give it some time to see how my system holds up and keep trying different software until (hopefully) find one that works. In the mean time I'll continue on with this project and hope my machine doesn't crash.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  10. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

Just so you know, I will be continuing this project after I reinstall windows, which will be ???, hopefully in the next few weeks. It's affecting to many programs, every time I restart my computer I have to reinstall DVDlabPro "File is corrupt run virus check then reinstall". Haven't had to much time to spend on this Proj. lately and sort of got lost in the confusion, when I get my system up and running again start with a clean slate.

....a month later,

I guess you died. To much stress and beer.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006