1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with avi2dvd .avi encoding to dvd format

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Tylers86, May 2, 2007.

1. Tylers86

Tylers86 Member

Looked up some guides here on afterdawn for getting divx avi files into dvd format and gave the avi2dvd guide a shot. Every preauthored dvd Ive burned has been all .vob files or one image file, iso, and from what the guide says I was supposed to get an iso file output from avi2dvd but instead after over 4 hours of HCEnc encoding I get a .mpg file called encoded_video_muxed.mpg thats at 4.24gb. Its from a 1.36gb avi source. I followed the guide exactly and it looked like it was working, the video is good quality and works fine but from what I know the mpg format is not dvd compatible. What can I do with mpg to get it to play on standalone dvd players? What happened to the iso I was supposed to get?

2. attar

attar Senior member

I have to ask, did you check the 'Make ISO' box in step 2?

3. Tylers86

Tylers86 Member

Dont blame you for asking but yes, yes I did. I was absolutly sure to follow the directions exactly as the guide directed. Do you get a mpg file if the make iso tick is not ticked?

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  4. attar

attar Senior member

Here's my output folder.
    It has an .iso plus a DVD folder (.VOB)which also can be used to burn to dvd.

[​IMG]

5. Tylers86

Tylers86 Member

Here is a picture of my avi2dvd temp folder. Some of the files are the same but I dont get some of the same files you have. Anyone have a clue what im doing wrong?

[​IMG]

6. attar

attar Senior member

Do you have a log file?It should list the steps and near the end it should indicate that the ISO is being created.
    Perhaps a reinstall.

This program is good.It saves dvd format files to a folder that can be burned with NeroBurning ROM.
    http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe

7. Tylers86

Tylers86 Member

Thanks, Im gonna give the program you suggest a shot as I have had now 3 failures of different errors with avi2dvd. I did not get a log file either, although I did with a different movie I was trying but I did not get one with this one.

8. attar

attar Senior member

Further to AVI2DVD,
    If you are using version 4, try version 3 instead.
    Also the program has problems finding folders.
    I have noticed that it will choke at the iso stage if the folder containing the source is not in c:\ (the root).

Last edited: May 5, 2007