1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with AVI2DVD please

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rose02, Jun 5, 2010.

1. rose02

rose02 Member

Hi,
    First just let me say I'm new to this and this is my first time using the software. I also apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum or if this question has already been asked.
    I have an .mkv file (it's the Lion King movie) and I am trying to convert it to DVD so I can burn it onto a disk and play in my dvd player. I renamed the file so it is simpled called "lionking.mkv". However when I load the file in AVI2DVD it does not seem to register my file because nothing comes up under film information, it all just remains at 0 and there are no audio streams. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with this file, it plays fine on my computer and for all the other steps it works ok..like taking a screen snapshot for the menu, it will play fine in there and there is audio. This has been taking me all night trying to figure out how to get this file onto a dvd and I'm about ready to give up..I really don't want to have to download yet another software to do it!
    Thanks,
    Rose

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try placing the source MKV in the root directory - this software is fussy about paths and names:

c:\lionking.mkv