1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Backing up Apocalypto - i got conned into the fake CloneDVD4 from CloneDVD.net

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Ty1976, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Ty1976

Ty1976 Member

I am using Clonedvd4 most current version and every time I try to burn Apocalypto when I insert the blank it tells me that the destination disk is too small. Now as I understand it as long as I have 4.7 selected in the menu CloneDVD is supposed to compress to the format selected. That’s why it shows it at 67%. Has any one else had this issue?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean CloneDVD2? In CloneDVD you set it to 'dvd-5'.
    Uncheck all the audios except for 'unspecified' that should help meeting the target size and it's really the only one needed on this one.

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Nope, burned it flawlessly using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.9.0.9. Great combo, you bought them from SLysoft, right???

4. Ty1976

Ty1976 Member

No I got it from CloneDVD.net is it not the same program that SlySoft has? I thought it looked the same and the interface is very close cause I used to use the Slysoft ver until I wanted to buy. Then I found V4 that I thought was an upgrade to the slysoft

5. binkie7

Nope not the same. They're just capitalizing on the Slysoft product name of CloneDVD.
    You would get CloneDVD at slysoft.com

I'm not familiar but see if there is an option to uncheck the audios (see post above) to try and help it meet the target size.

Or just use AnyDVD running w/ DVDShrink (free)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  6. Ty1976

Ty1976 Member

Yeah I took out the comentary audio and the DTS it helped but not enough. I am going to get the Slysoft version just mad I wasted my money. Thank you for the help

7. binkie7

You won't have any problems w/ Slysoft's CloneDVD.
    I would still just leave only the unspecified audio on this 1.
    Watch Clone on these 'foreign' audio ones - it will by default uncheck them. You'll need the unspecified one to have audio on this.

Yeah I'd be mad too - they're being deceptive using another software name to try and get people to buy.