1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with backing up my xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by havoc161, Nov 28, 2004.

1. havoc161

havoc161 Guest

K...well, yes I am a noob, and also yes i have used the search button for any nay sayers out their. Although, I still am having a lot of trouble backing up my xbox games(d/l them). Afterwards of looking at the new folder on my computer I try to un zip it, of coarse using winrar, but after the few min. it will finish I go to double click the folder and it says "the format is unknown or is damaged" now i have a few different backups(different d/ls) and they all say the same thing. Please anyone who can give me a step by step instruction for the whole process , since i really dont know what to do even after that part, and I also have qwix and nero 6 to burn the DVD.

Thanks so much in advance for the help, for I am but lost right now.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Sounds like you're having an iso problem. Is that what it is? Qwix and Nero work fine for me. Are you making the image in nero? Because Nero is not a good image maker (at least from my experience)

3. Toon_Army

Toon_Army Guest

How are you getting the image of the Xbox Games are they downloads or you trying to rip into a game you buy from the shops

4. havoc161

havoc161 Guest

i think i am having a iso problem, thier is a file that is un rared that says "blah.ISO" but it isnt the iso its just the rar that i have to unzip and after it unzips their the folder and i go to click on it( im guessing inside of the folder is the iso) it says that the format is unknown or damaged. I know that it isnt damaged cause i have tried with other ones too and have had the same problem.I am pretty mush just at a standstill i tried messing around with qwix or what not and still couldnt figure it out.

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I think you've associated iso images with the winrar program.Your trying to uncompress a file that isn't compressed(I could be wrong but I've seen others have the same problem). Reinstall your burning software and it should reassociate iso's with nero or whatever you use or install a program called isobuster http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

6. havoc161

havoc161 Guest

well the only part i am sure about is that when i first got the file it was zipped. then i used winrar and it brought a different folder and that the folder that wont open, you might be right though and it might be the iso after i opened it, but i dont see the image file. and i cant open the new folder to see it. maybe i just have to put the new folder on the disk and then that is it. I dont know what the hell im doing anymore all im doing is trying different things to see if it will work.

7. havoc161

havoc161 Guest

hmm...anyone else have any suggestions?

8. alklop5

alklop5 Member

i think i am having a iso problem, thier is a file that is un rared that says "blah.ISO" but it isnt the iso its just the rar that i have to unzip and after it unzips their the folder and i go to click on it( im guessing inside of the folder is the iso) it says that the format is unknown or damaged. I know that it isnt damaged cause i have tried with other ones too and have had the same problem.I am pretty mush just at a standstill i tried messing around with qwix or what not and still couldnt figure it out do not unrar.just open nero-burn image-put iso there-wiil come up box saying how many bloc-clicknext and burn