1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with building HTPC

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by ksj, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ksj

ksj Member

I like to build HTPC where I can connect to a tv via VGA or video cable. I many videos and have a receiver I ilke to hook so that I can do vidoe and audio on the same pc too. IF anyone has any expeirence with this, please let me know. any links or tips would be greatly apprecaited. =D

2. ugc

ugc Regular member

I have done the computer setup, and have a 65 in HDTV. If you want help in doing this, give me a list of everything you have to work with and I will try to help.

but let me tell you one thing I have learned. There is a very small media hardware box called Tvix that would probably be cheaper than building a HTPC. All you do is hook the Tvix to your present computer and transfer over all your video via USB, and it hooks up to your HDTV. It plays almost every media format (DVD ISO, mpg, wmv, avi, vob, mp4, asf, tp, trp, IFO, m2ts with these codec's (MPEG 1/2/4, Dvix, Xvid, WMV9, H264) and it plays in resolutions up to 1920 x 1080p with HDMI hookups. Plus, it has digital audio out (AC3/DTS) via optical. It will even record OTA HDTV with a tuner installed.

I don't want the mods to think that I am trying to sell you something (because I am not). I just bought me one, and I love it very much. I like it over using the computer because it's easier to use. So, just do a search on the net, and find the main Tvix website. I bought the 4100SA. You will come out cheaper buying this box (that does everything you need), vs building a whole HTPC.