1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with burning video files to dvd please

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by pchan424, Oct 28, 2004.

1. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Hello. I did a search before i considered posting about this and it was just prety confusing. I looked through a lot and couldnt find exactly what i needed. I just have a few questions i was hoping some people could answer. I just became a member becuase it looked like this forumn and site was awesomely helpful.
    My first question is I was wondering what the best or what most people on here think the best software is to use to burn media files to dvd. Ex. I have an .Avi or .Ogg file on my harddrive that i downloaded whats the best software for me to use to properly convert that and burn it to a dvd to be played in normal dvd players without freezing and such.
    I recently tried a few things. I downloaded dvdsanta and i converted an AVI and burned it to dvd with that but it keeps freezing up on my other normal dvd player. So prety much im just wondering whats the best way to go in general? Maybe i should use 2 programs? one to convert and one to burn im not sure thats what im trying to find out? ^.^

Thanks for all the help. Hmm lets see ill try to provide a little info. umm i can get any software that people on here say id need. My computer has 2 drives 1 dvd rom drive and one dvd/cd burner.
    Im using Memorex 8x dvd-r disks. Thanks again.

2. BELG.RAY

BELG.RAY Member

Before wondering about what software , plse make sure the problem does not reside with the dvd's you burn on . Happened to me and I kep looking for answers in all the wrong places. Try another brand to start with.

3. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Well i think memorex is prety good. Thanks for the help but the main point of my post was to ask about the software. Not really the small problem i was having. I just really wanted to get peoples oppinions on whats the easiest and best software to use and such. I was just experimenting of my own accord before. Im still wondering if anyone wants to offer some advice?

4. pchan424

pchan424 Member

While im not ruleing out the fact that my media could be not so great i originally wanted peoples advice and oppinions. So anyone out there? please?

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Get Nero Suite 6. You can use NeroVision Express. The wizard will guide you in a few steps from dragging the .AVI file to burning the DVD. BTW, ogg files are sound files like mp3.

If you want more advanced editing and menu features, try Adobe Premiere, Ulead DVD Factory, or Pinnacle Studio.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004