1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with cect p168

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by phantom13, Nov 22, 2007.

1. phantom13

phantom13 Member

i just ordered a p168 today and was wondering if u were using limewire to download your videos or something better? also does it work with att in new jersey?

thanks for the help

2. macmante

macmante Member

Hi there, I have a Cect A988+ (but that should not matter for this) and yes I have used Limewire for downloading. For Videos make sure they are MP4 format else convert them with some utility, make sure the .MP4 file extention is on the end of the filename BEFORE you drag it into the phone's MP4 folder. For audio make SURE you download MP3 file format, and filename extention .mp3 is on the end BEFORE you drag it into the phone's MP3 folder. I also opened iTunes successfully and dragged songs individually from the iTunes window into the MP3 folder on the phone, without adding any extention to the end of the file names. It works like a champ. I did this on my XP PC and from my Mac iBook with OS X. When you disconnect the phone you should get a message to the effect, "updating files" then you're ready to go. I bought a 2 gig MicroSD card for mine so I can fit a good amount of tunes on it. Someone said it will work with up to a 8gb MicroSD but anything 4gb and above is HC for High Capacity and I'm not sure HC cards are compatible or not.