1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with CloneDVD2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by melix04, Jun 22, 2004.

1. melix04

melix04 Member

im using dvd shrink and CloneDVD 2 i have a .ISO image on my hard drive and when i go to Clone DVD toburn the image i get a error

Writing to video DVD was not successful:
    DVD Write error (WriteDVD 9)
    A DVD write error has occured, probably caused by a bad medium.
    Please replace the medium and try again.

I have used all of these programs before and have had no problem please help ???

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I have never tried DVDshrink with Clonedvd. Most usually run AnyDVD or DVD43 with CloneDVD. AnyDVD and DVD43(free) run in the background as the decrypters while CloneDVD does everything else. DVDshrink decrypts and compresses as it rips but can't burn. Most use either Dercypter or Nero as the burn engine after they rip with Shrink.
    Reading your error message, it looks like Clone is seeing your ISO file as a DVD9 which is too big. Make sure you Shrink files are under 4.36gig when you are done. If the file size is bigger than 4.36gig it won't fit on a blank which could be why you are getting the error. I'm just guessing here from the information you gave and the error report.
    Download DVD43 and try running it with Clonedvd. I think you will like the results.

Jerry