1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with comp please, Internet Explorer keeps freezing and takes ages to open

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Rampage, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Rampage

Rampage Member

Hey all, hope i am in the right part. For the past 2 days i have had a problem with my computer. When i open Internet Explorer it used to open more or less as soon as i clicked it. But for the past 2 days when i double click it, it takes like 12 seconds to open and everything freezes.

Also since this problem started, it wont let me sign in to msn! It says ''Sorry, we are unable to sign you in to the MSN MESSENGER at this time. Please try again latter'' It then says to try doing the troubleshooter, which i do. It scans through some options and all get a tick next to them except hosts file.

Any help is appreciated

2. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

Hi this should be posted under windows software discussion as it pertains to ie. Maybe a mod will see it and move it?

To start with are you running virus and spyware software? if not get some AVG is good antivirus. spybot and/or ad-aware running are a good combo for spyware. It sounds like you may have spyware or a virus on your system.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007