1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with copying dvds

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jbent, Feb 11, 2007.

1. jbent

jbent Member

i have nero and i cannot burn copys of dvds that i have already copied i am using clonedvd and anydvd to burn the dvds and neither program with make copys of the copys any advice??

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

making a copy of an already copied DVD is the easiest thing to do. where is your failed Nero log? let's see what you did and why it wouldn't make a copy for you? you can find your Nero logs here:

Nero 6 history log location: Program Files>Ahead>Nero>NeroHistory.txt

Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory.tx

If you are making a copy of copy then you wouldn't need AnyDVD because you already took out the encryptions so you would just use CloneDVD it should make you a copy without any trouble. If you are looking for guides then here ya go........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and with CloneDVD just do a full disk copy and you don't even need to use AnyDVD at all with coping a copy!

3. jbent

jbent Member

thanks a ton for the help but its still not working it says something about a there is a processing error and it says there is some sort of video read error and to clean the disk but when i do that it still wont work so wut could be the cause of this and how can i correct it and i also could not locate the nero history files

4. jbent

jbent Member

could it have anything to do with the settings in anydvd cuz i did have one of the settings set to jump straight into the main menu could be the cause at all

5. blake123

blake123 Guest

no,cycle redundecy error, could be cause by cheap media,scratches. try cleaning the disk.or rip with dvd decrypter or dvdfab decrypter.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if you can't copy your copy I'm afraid that blake123 might be right! Cheap media is just that... crap and may not be able to copy your copy! if you cleaned your media and you're having a hard time copying.... then it is your media and this is a lesson learned..... buying crappy media is more expensive than buy the good stuff.... cause you can't copy your copy!!!

7. jbent

jbent Member

thanks guys what is some good brand of dvd to get would you recomend i have currently used memorex, sony, staples brand, and one other brand

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok...... buy the ones that are MIJ (made in japan). check label and look for the MIJ on the box or spindle. Those are the best media you can get. The other would be Verbatim..... top notch media also but Made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only NON MIJ to get near my burner. Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell, Fuji.... check those labels! MIJs!!!!

9. jbent

jbent Member

i actually have a verbitim dvd dvd+r that would not copy then i tried a maxell and that one copied just fine, and i also tried a TDK brand dvd and that one copied just fine im just having problems with a few TDK copys and a few verbitim copies and then all the dynex ones and then the ones i got from staples so wut would make a few TDK and verbitim work and then not the others they were all made the same way with the same settings and thanks for the advice about the brands of dvds that is a lesson well learned

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member