1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with copying real dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mdempsey, Jan 24, 2004.

1. mdempsey

mdempsey Member

Hi all,

I recently got a new computer, we have dvd writing hardrive. Anyway we got Instant cd+dvd by Pinnacle. At first this seemed like a good program, i tried copying cd albums, it all worked perfectly. My friend leant me a few dvds, that he got that aren't out yet, but im not sure whether their pirate or not, they all look real, so i don't know how they did that.

But anyway when i try to copy one of these dvds with pinnacle, i have no problem copying them to the hardrive, but when i try and write them to a dvd-r it comes up with errors about write protection. I half expected this to happen, but i was wondering if their was something i was doing wrong? Maybe something to do with the blank dvd-r's i bought, i know there are lots of different bland dvds you can buy.

If there's nothing you can do there, is there any software i can download which can get past the write protections? I'd like to have done this by the end of the weekend, because my friend would like the dvd's back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you would like to contact me, my email is *removed-by-webmaster*

Many thanks,

Matt Dempsey

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Matt,
    If your friend has copys of movies that aren't out yet, then how can they not be pirated?

We can help you make back-ups of movies you own.

Read the forum rules

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

3. mdempsey

mdempsey Member

Hi fasfrank

I thankyou for your reply which wasn't helpful. The movies are from America, that's how they aren't out in Britain yet. Does that comply with your rules? If it does, please could you help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Matt

4. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

If they are original region 1 dvds i dont see the problem i know people who have downloaded full dvds only to find they are a pain in the a**e to back up

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Matt,
    If you would read the rules you would know if your post complys.
    These are not my rules, they are the forum rules.

You can legally only back-up copys of movies you own.

Matt I sent a PM

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

mdempsey,

You already stated that the movies arn't yours - [quote}[bold]My friend leant me a few dvds,[/bold] that he got that aren't out yet, but im not sure whether their pirate or not, they all look real, so i don't know how they did that. [/quote]
    Not only are these movies not yours, they are "Pirated" if they haven't been released where ever you are -

If you wish to debate further, I shall be more than willing to bring you to the attention of the web master and have you banned from this forum -

Think well before you answer -

Pete

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

matt do you like getting spam!!!!!!!!!!!

read the forum rules about supplying your email.

andmerr

8. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Matt: Ok, I recommend that you read the forum rules before posting, otherwise you'll get replies like those above quite quickly.

Anyway, I would strongly recommend that you read guides from our guides section, namely the ones that relate to either DVD Decrypter (under the DVDR topic) or DVD Shrink -- and the Nero's DVD burning guide as well. The link:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

Reading them through and by trial and error, you'll get there and these forums can help you on your way to the "goal" :)

9. mdempsey

mdempsey Member

Thankyou for your reply, can anyone tell me what the BEST way to do it is. I'd rather not spend hours going through tutorials for different programs, that might end up being rubbish. Which is the program that most people use and are happy using that works, if it helps i am copying Finding Nemo. I only have 1 disk drive, and i am using dvd-r's.

Many thanks, Matt

10. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

There's no such thing as "best". CCE SP provides best quality, but it costs $3000 and takes bit more than 275 years for average Joe to learn it, specially when bundled with Scenarist NT ($15000+) authoring.

CloneDVD or DVD XPRESS are probably the easiest ones, both commercial, costing around $50 -- hard to choose from those.

Only free one is DVD Shrink, which is by far the most popular one, even that arguably CloneDVD and XPRESS are easier to use and CCE SP provides best quality.

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i think you are wrong, the guides on this site actually are very informative and can help you develop your techniques in dvd backupping.

I have used both of the programs that dRD has mentioned to you . Both are very easy to use (put the original in the drive , press start , after the read stage you will be prompted to change the disk.After you insert the blank media the process will continue until completion.).Simple but even though these 2 programs give you very good results you may find small pixalations through your disc's.These are minor irratations but there are some who prefer to be perfectionists.If you are one then take a look at 321 dvdx copy platinum (cost 300 australian) worth every cent and i have done 2 dvds and well cant see the difference between the original and the backup.

have fun

andmerr