1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with copying the punisher

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kyrstal, Sep 11, 2004.

1. kyrstal

kyrstal Member

Hi...I used dvd decypter (the lastest one) to download this moviie to my hd. when the movie was done. I tried to take it off the hd and put it on a dvd and it said I didn't have enough room. it reads
    image size-4,113,835 sectors
    disc size-2297,888 sectors
    what must I do in order to keep this all on one disc or must it be put on 2? and if so...how do I do that. thanks in advance for your help

2. ashland

ashland Member

download and use dvd shrink. some people say you have to use ver 3.17 to do PUNISHER but you dont. you can use ver 3.2 but you have to make a small change. after shrink analyzes the file, go to unreferenced material, select title menu and tnen select no compression. slap a dvd-r in the drive and hit backup and your done. let me know if it helps.

3. kyrstal

kyrstal Member

thanks for the info...I'll go check it out right now and let you know in a few

4. kyrstal

kyrstal Member

I downloaded the dvd shrink3.2 then when I did what you said to do...it said this...dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. copy protection error. this operation couldn't be performed because of an i/o device error? What shall I try next

5. JoshB

JoshB Member

6. ryanhodad

ryanhodad Member

i finally figured out how to do it

1. rip the full movie using dvd decrypter to any where on your hard drive. take out the movie and put in a blank

2. start up dvd shrink

3. go to file/open disk image and select THE_PUNISHER. do not select the one that ends in THE_PUNISHER.mds

4. click on re-author

5. select main movie "Title 1" (on the right side of shrinkand drag and drop it into the 'dvd structure' window on the left

6. optional - right click it and go to set "Set Start/End Frames." from this screen you can edit out stuff like the credits or the marvel screen that starts up on evey marvel movie

7. click backup. it will start to redo what dvd decrypter did but now it will shrink the movie and get rid of stuff like the lame music videos and credits

8. after that is all done, pop in a blank dvd and it will burn it for you.

the whole process will take about an hour if you have a mid way decent system

7. kyrstal

kyrstal Member

I wanna first thank everyone for your help. The way I copied it was I used dvd shrink and I went to the un referenced material and clicked on title menu then I clicked on still frame and it worked like a charm. It's a great movie btw....thanks again