1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Document Viewer issue...

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by sathien, Sep 12, 2007.

1. sathien

sathien Member

I have an HP Pavilion 7580n, and I'm having issue with the Document Viewer, when I click on certain pics or a scanned object I get the DV popping up trying to install, but it cant install, Here is a screen shot of the final phase that Document viewer tries to make but I am just forced to cancel because it wont install???...

[​IMG]

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

sathien-
    In order to view your pic you will need to use HTML code and not Vb code. It is as simple as changing the [​IMG] to [/img]

after you do that I will be able to view the image.

3. sathien

sathien Member

Well if you just copy the text (not the img parts) and paste it on a new browser screen it will show :) thanks man

Tim

4. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Good point! Here I am a tech savvy individual and I didn't even think of that. Have you tried firmware updates or patches from HP?

Here is a site that may supply what you need.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...00-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=371583&os=228

You also may need to uninstall before you reinstall the software. Only try that if it fails the first time. If you have a conflict with a file for example a dll error or another essential let me know about it.

Good luck!

5. sathien

sathien Member

Well I went though the install that you linked and it went ine, but when I try and view the document after scanning it this is what I get, I'm stumped

6. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Did you follow the instructions?
    Installation Instructions:

1. Click the 'Download now' button
    2. COL18431 will download, then unpack to "C:\Program Files\HP R837 SW" and begin the installation.
    3. If unpack does not start, locate the COL18341.exe and double click on it.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
    The COL18341.exe file, as well as the "C:\Program Files\HP R837 SW" directory and its contents can be removed after the installation succeeds.

It is a little difficult to read the message, but I think that it is asking you to point to the folder containing the COL18341.exe. Try again with the install and find then point to that location.