1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with double sided disc please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dougal58, Apr 30, 2004.

1. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi, I am going to backup my copy of roots which is 3 double sided discs,My question is this
    1.Can i rip side a and side b seperately and join them,I believe it can be done.
    2.Or would i be better to keep them seperate and have a menu for the 2 episodes on the disc,
    If anyone can help i would appreciate it as i don't really want to have it on 6 discs.
    Thanx guys.

2. movie_777

movie_777 Member

I believe you can join them. I am not sure how to go about doing this. I know I have seen some other threads discussing something similar so try a search.

As far as your second question goes, it is up to you. I would prefer separate discs since the back-up quality will be greatly reduced if you try to fit 2 episodes into one disc.

Hope thsi helps.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi dougal
    Yes you can join flippers using dvd shrink, or dvd2one.
    You first have to rip both sides into its on seperate folder.
    Use dvd2one for a seamless join, or dvd shrink for a small blink of the eye join.
    dvd2one would be the most simple to do but neither are that hard.
    In dvd shrink just open your file 1 and go to reauthor and add the movie to your new dvd structure, and then click the browse tab, and browse to file 2 and add that to your new dvd structure and then shrink and rip as you would normally.
    In dvd2one all you have to do is add both files sepearately and join in the seemless mode,using the constant compression setting.
    But be carefully of the compression level, as already stated.
    good luck
    blaze on clubber
    jim

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Nero Recode 2, also has a 'Merge' option.