1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DTS wav files on htpc only getting 2ch stereo

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by Bradek, May 25, 2009.

1. Bradek

Bradek Member

Sorry if this seems a stupid question but after following the instructions and downloading vlc and ac3filter i still can only get 2ch sound from my htpc spdif output to my dts amp when playing dts wav files.

now i know dts is working because i can output dts encoded video with no problem, but not dts encoded wav files. Using AC3Filter and the graphic levels on main screen clearly has all 6 channels firing with activity both input and output but decoder info box to the left shows as input 2ch and output 5.1ch with no sound at all.

Switching the output format to 2/0 -stereo and then get sound (again 6 firing on input graph and now the 2 on output) but this then stuffs up the high def video output to 2ch.

in short dts works for videos but not wav files,and yes i have ticked the check for dts encoding in wav's in FFdshow.
    any help you could provide is sincerely appreciated.
    Brad

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

I cannot get VLC to play digital AC3 either and I got WMP 11 working using AC3 filter so I am hanging out with you to get this info I have my pc hooked up using spdif.

3. mugs

mugs Member

I am having a similar issue. I can get dts to play as 5.1 but 5.1 wavs come in as 2 channel. I can also get mkv movies or dvd movies with 5.1 to play.