1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with dvd backup software,

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by hal2724, Sep 10, 2004.

1. hal2724

hal2724 Guest

I have yet to be able to copy any dvd's. I have several software programs. 321 was suppose to be great but their copmany went under before I was ever able to use it. I am about ready to give up on dvd's all together. I have one click and don't have one dvd it will copy. If I can't back up my DVD's for my kids
    then they are just not worth buying. Someone out there must have a simple solution. Let me know. I may be able to return the favor. THANKS

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Read afterdawn guides for using DVD Shrink with DVD Decryptor or Nero. I too have given up on 321. Shrink and decryptor are free and actually more fun to use. Learning curve is short, and results are better than with XCopy (as can change various settings). Plenty of help on AD Forums.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I think you'll get more help in this section :) Also changed the title. Your title seemed limited to XCopy help.

Now which 321 software did you buy? Which version? And what problems are you having?

Sorry can't help much with one click ... don't have it.

Also Shrink and Decrypter are great free programs, lots of guides ... and like StanH1000 said "Plenty of help on AD Forums".

I also recommend you try AnyDVD & CloneDVD2, you can use the full versions free for 21 days. Fast, easy and the quality (IMO) is great.
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Also once you have AnyDVD, it might help with using One Click. One Click doesn't have a ripper ... If you don't want to use AnyDVD ... DVD Decrypter should work.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

hal2724

If you're having problems backing up DVDs then it might not be the software that's causing but rather a system configuration problem. If you can't do it with DVD Shrink then you just might be looking in the wrong direction. Id you did make it work then you've saved $78 which is the price of slysoft's anyDVD (which I own) and ConeDVD2.