1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD burning. please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by klimax, Nov 20, 2004.

1. klimax

klimax Member

Hello,
    I have a sonic program for my dvd-rw drive. When I try to burn dvds, it tells me that it is copyrighted so I can't. Is there a way I can burn a dvd? What files do I need to download? And how long does it usually take to burn a dvd?
    thanks in advance

2. Shark928

Shark928 Guest

I had the same problem until I got 1ClickDVDCopy, it promps you to get DVD43Free. It seems to have done the trick so far, it stats auto and there is little you have to do and then most of the progs should copy the DVD afterwords.

3. klimax

klimax Member

hi,
    so do I have to download dvdshrink, dvddecryter? which one do I use? which prgram do I download? Do I need both?
    help please

4. Shark928

Shark928 Guest

From what I understand, dvd43free allows you to copy the file to your hd and you don't need to decode it, and 1 click dvd copy just compresses the file and loads to the hd. I haven't tried shrink yet but it seems to be pretty popular but maybe more complx.

5. klimax

klimax Member

Does sonic and shrink work well together? Do I need to Download nero?

6. Shark928

Shark928 Guest

I'm not sure about sonic, haven't tried it yet. Nero is good, lots of features. I've been just downloading different progs and playin with em, dvd decoder seems to work well also if you aren't running dvd43free. Check out this forum, lots of tips there too.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/122799

7. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

hello klimax .......this is only my opion.

i would suggest you start out with free programs such as DVDShrink and DVDDecypter.i repled on your other posts eailer today. the main reason they are free.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

as a newbie i think this is what you need to atleast start out with.

after you get them and set up and burn couple times you will see how easy they are. Recordnow "SUCKS" in my opion.

PLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

8. CJC

CJC Regular member

9. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

hey cjc
    just my opion

don't think so "NERO" is only free for 30 days i think. he doesn't need all three anyway.

DVDShrink and DVDDecypter work fine for me. he doesn't have to "NERO" aswell>>>>>>>>>>>>
    last time i looked "NERO" sells for about $100.00

why spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to start out with any way.
    the way is see it is 3 programs aren't nessarily better than these 2...........

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2004
  10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

shrink has a built in ripper but is not a burning program but will utilise nero as the burning agent

[​IMG]

11. CJC

CJC Regular member

I didnt say FREE did i?

Yes DVD Decrypter will burn, but if they are running Windows 98 or Fat32, the file system has a limitation of 4G, therefore that option wont work.

I personally use Nero, and i think its a good program to have, not just for burning DVD's but for burning anything.

CJC

12. NyteBoss

NyteBoss Member

I definately agree with CJC...I've been using the DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink combo with Nero for months now, with absolutely NO problems!

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

not every program can do what you require but having a couple will only help you.
    Nero,decrypter,shrink,tmpgenc dvd author and even clone are among some of my favorites,but if you have the money maybe check out sonys dvd architect 2.0.This one does do all but it seems to be a bit pricey and does take its toll on your system resources.

14. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

QUOTE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"The easisest and simple and cheapest way is to use DVDShrink, DVDDecypter and "Nero"

i don't know how that can be if NERO isn't "FREE"

why confuse this guy with 3 programs insteed of 2????

besides the free trial(30days) "NERO" cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

this is only my opion for newbie's like me

what i do is let DVDShrink do it's thing then burn to iso file with DVDDecypter don't need any other programs........PLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

15. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you are right CJC you didnt and plywood9 does it really matter .This is probably the cheapest method of accomplishing the set tasks.

16. CJC

CJC Regular member

'Cheap' and 'Free' are two differnt things.

Nero not only burns DVDs but CD's etc... so its not just for this, hence its multi-purpose.

For a newbie, Nero is simplier for them then trying to burn with Dvd Decrypter plus like i said, if they are running Fat32, they will run into more problems, whereas Nero wont.

Just like andmerr said, what happens if it faults? You dont have a backup.

CJC

17. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

no it doesn't matter, it's just my opion.

that what he ask for.

of course it's the cheapest method it's free.

18. CJC

CJC Regular member

Ok thats you opinion, and i posted mine.

But you are basically saying that your opinion is better then mine, pretty much.

So lets just end this and let the thread move on.

CJC

19. forkndave

forkndave Member

The newest versions of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are O.K. with FAT 32. They will automatically split the files into 4GB or less chunks. NTFS is better, but if you don't have XP you can't use NTFS. I went for a long time with FAT32 drives and never had a problem. Actually DVD Decrypter has done this for quite a while, but I think the earlier version of DVD Shrink had a problem with .iso files if they were split.

20. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

One more thing. After the 30 day trial is over with Nero, you can get the next 30 day trial.