1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD copying

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by celticlas, Feb 12, 2005.

1. celticlas

celticlas Member

Upon recently viewing a copied DVD I noticed several problems. Not only does it freeze a few minutes into the movie .. but it also will not let me pick scenes .. and it also randomly switches between playing the movie and the main menut. If anyone has any idea as to why this is happening and what I can do about it I appreciate the advice.

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

celticlas--
    Need a little more information but I would immediately suspect a media problem. What type of DVD is it? What speed was it burned at? Burning above 4x is one of a few reasons that can cause that problem.

Whitfield

3. celticlas

celticlas Member

I'm using Memorex 8x's dvd-r's .. I've used them before with no problem and when shrinking I've not gotten any indication (ie. red line on the shrinking) of the file being too big.

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Memorex is famous for inconsistent media--first thing to try is better disks--Sony, Verbatim Datalife, Taiyo Yuden, Maxell, and a few others--Or if you don't have any handy, try another Memorex and burn slowly--ie. 2.4 or 4x

Roger(Whitfield)