1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP WITH DVD DECRYPT

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mopnglo, Jan 29, 2005.

1. mopnglo

mopnglo Member

I was having a fine and dandy time burning with the Shrink and Decryptor then all of a sudden I keep getting this error that pops up and says unable to lock drive exclusisve access, what does that mean, and how can I fix it! Thanks a lot!

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

i had the same problem but it kind of fixed itself. i just clicked ignore. it would burn the same way. it is possible that some other software is also using the same drive at the same time. make sure all programs/major programs are closed.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Batch writing software can be a culprit. Programs like InCD in Nero, Drag to Disk in Roxio, and Instant Write in Pinnacle (there are others), can cause interference with the burner drive. dvdripdvd made a good point, check for processes in the background that can affect the program. You can use task manager to check while the program is running.

4. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

hey dvdripdvd always make good points.

5. mopnglo

mopnglo Member

Thanks a lot brobear and DVDRip I will try that, it just did not make sense that just all of a sudden it started popping up! Did yours eventually stop popping up DVDrip?

6. J_man

J_man Regular member

If you would like you can disable lock volume in decryptor to avoid the error message.
    Open decryptor and select Tools,settings,Iso write,then un-tick lock volume.

7. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

yeah mines did eventually stop after i realized that another program was holding the drive hostage. but i stopped it the hard way...buying another computer.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Good point dvdripdvd
    I thought I'd just do it the simple way. When recording I simply turned off the program doing the interfering. In some cases as with InCD in Nero, the program has to be deleted.