1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP WITH DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lagirl, Apr 15, 2005.

1. lagirl

lagirl Member

Can someone please explain how you are to BURN a DVD after decrypting with this program? I know how to decrypt... but how do you burn afterward? Please help! Thanks!

2. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

if you have made the image file:

1. Open dvd decrypter
    2. Insert you blank dvd
    3. Go to mode<<iso<<write
    4. Click the folder to browse for the file
    5. Write the file

Hope this helps!

3. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

another tip is to write to dvd as slow as possible, 1x if you can!

takes longer but works more often!

4. lagirl

lagirl Member

OK. I followed your instructions up to ISO - Write. But when I browse for file... what am I looking for? For example, I'm burning "Officer and A Gentleman"... so I see "OFFICER" in the E: drive, but when I click on it, it won't let me open it. So I get stuck on this step.

5. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

I presume the E: drive is your dvd writer, you dont want this one.

Chances are if you havent configured DVD decrypter that the standard place is on the C drive. Just open it up and your after two files in total.

The one to burn is the .mds file. It might be called OAG.mds or something like that. Chances are they are right at the bottom. The icon is a small CD on a peice of paper.

6. lagirl

lagirl Member

Thank you! Give me a sec, I'm burning a cd right now - just wanted to make sure it wasn't my dvd writer drive that wasn't working. I'll try your recommendation and get right back to you. thanks again!

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Make sure that if you want to [bold]BURN[/bold] with Decrypter that when you rip you are in ISO mode and not File.

8. lagirl

lagirl Member

OK... so I opened the C: (disc on a white piece of paper icon :) - and I went to burn the DVD. And a window popped up saying "not enough room on disc... etc". The DVD is only a 97 min long movie. And the disc I'm burning to is a 4x DVD+R 120 mins 4.7 GB. Why did it say there's not enough space? I chose to burn anyway.... hopefully it'll work out?!

Also, someone recommended I burn at the lowest speed possible (1x) and so that's what I chose. But my DVD disc says 4x DVD+R. Could that be the problem? Please let me know! Thank you. (I really appreciate your help!)

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  10. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

The DVD is only a 97 min long movie. And the disc I'm burning to is a 4x DVD+R 120 mins 4.7 GB. Why did it say there's not enough space?

Because the movie is too long, Dvd's dont work on minutes, but file size. Your dvd wont fit without reducing that file size. DVD Shrink is an excellent program to do this, and guides are available

11. lagirl

lagirl Member

When using Decryptor.. what does this error mean? It'll get to 99% and then it'll say this:
    W 23:06:54 Failed to read Sector 4127424 - Unrecovered Read Error

Please let me know! Thank you.

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

you might have some scratches on the outer edge of the disc. Check out ScubaPete's guide in my sig. He should have some tweaks for Decrypter that might help you.

13. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

14. lagirl

lagirl Member

When I put "Terms of Endearment" in and open it in DVD Shrink... when it goes to analyze (for that short one min or so) it gets stuck on 99%. Is there anyway to get around that? I cleaned my disc... is it probably scratched too bad to analyze? Thanks!

15. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

Try this with dvd decryptor....... This is the Scba Pete setup guide and may help.

First, let's start by Fine-Tuning DVD Decrypter. Let's take a moment to fine-tune your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.4.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This helps with some Mfgr defective discs and it is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause reading problems. We're now finished with our settings here so click "OK." There's no reason to change these settings. DVDD is good ripper right out of the box, all we did is to give it some "teeth." (Lol :)

Under "Mode" we have a choice of either File or ISO Read to rip our DVD. For problematic DVD's I suggest ripping in the "File" MODE - IMPORTANT: Remake a folder and name it VIDEO_TS (just like that, case sensitive) to put your ripped files in.

Once you have ripped the movie ..... then try shrink again. If this still presists there are some products out there to help get rid of scratches ..... two that I use are ......

1.[​IMG] though you can use toothpaste instead of this one. this will work on the bigger scratches but will leave your disk a little dull looking.

2.[​IMG] I then use this one to pollish the disk nice and shinny. This one will work very well for minor scratches and leave your disks looking almost brand new.

I have successfully brought back disks that my kids PS2 game console would not even load using these two products.

Hope this helps..... Cheers