1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD Rebuilder

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Daemon404, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

OK I am having trouble with DVD Rebuilder.

First of all, here is what version of sofwyare im using:

PC: XP Home SP2 with 512 MB RAM and 160 HDD Space
    DVD Rebuilder 0.74 (BETA)
    CCE SP 2.67 (Helps to have a parent that works at a sofwtare company. e.g. free software)
    AviSynth 2.5.5
    DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0
    DGDecode.dll (Got it from doom9)
    FDecimate.dll (Not even sure what it does)

I have it set to this:

Mode - CEE -> CCE SP
    AVS -
    ConvertToYUY2()
    AudioDub(BlankClip())
    CCE -
    VBR_Bias = 25
    VBR_Passes = 2
    Quality Prec = 16
    Dynamicaly Assign Cell Bitrates
    Enable Output Directory

I also have the Setup pointing to cctsp.exe and DGDecode.dll.

The log indicates that it goes perfectly, but when i run teh movie, it is all black with red line things at the bottom. Also, I did ths backup on my copy of Terminator 3, which is 6 GB. My Output folder is only liek 2.5 GB. Also, there is no audio in the fiels with teh red lines i think (not sure). Last of all, i dont even think there is the same amount of vob/ifo/etc... files as there were originally on the dvd.

Please help.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It definitely sounds like an AviSynth problem of some kind. I'd try using Rocka's installer from DVD-RB.com to set it up:
    http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=14

If you use 3 Click mode you could also run the Prepare phase and then try playing one of the AVS files from the D2VAVS folder to see what it looks like. If it looks like the DVD video you described you should open the AVS file with Notepad and post the contents.

BTW I'm moving this to the Advanced Users forum.

3. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

If you open up one of the .AVS files (located in the D2VAVS directory) directly with Windows Media Player it will display an error message saying which line in the AVS file is the offending one. (It's a non-standard sized reddish text... that's what you're seeing).

In most cases where this occurs, it is caused by the fact that the DGDECODE file isn't loading properly (make sure you point to it in the SETUP screen) or is the wrong version.

4. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Yeah, I fized that, it i had to reinstall AVISYNTH. I just backed up a movie with it, and its has brilliant quality.