1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With DVD2ONE !!! Please respond !!!

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by mrmojo448, Jan 31, 2003.

1. mrmojo448

mrmojo448 Member

I recently bought DVD2ONE and I am starting to feel like I wasted 40 bucks. I used to to get my movie (Seven) down to 4.36 GB. I have a folder with all the files in it. My Folder consists of the files below.

VIDEO_TS.BUP 6KB
    VIDEO_TS.IFO 6KB
    VTS_01_0.BUP 74KB
    VTS_01_0.IFO 74KB
    VTS_01_1 1,048,574KB
    VTS_01_2 1,048,574KB
    VTS_01_3 1,048,574KB
    VTS_01_4 1,048,574KB
    VTS_01_5 1,048,574KB

Ok, So I have this directory with all the files about ready for a DVD disc. I tried to use RecordNowMax but it just put those files onto a DVD-R and didn't put them in readable format. So I have a data disc with all the files on it.

MY QUESTION (Finally!) is what program is the best for putting those files into readable form (as in Make them a DVD that can be used by standalones and such). AND does anyone have step by step instructions on what I should do to get that withouth wasting another disc? Thanks in advance.

Mojo_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Mojo[/small]

2. flash_uk

flash_uk Member

i don't have record now max but i use instant cd/dvd that came with my pioneer A05 , i usually just rip the whole disk in file mode with dvd decrypter, process it with dvd2one, and burn with instant cd/dvd, selecting udf video dvd. but the output files from dvd2one must be in a folder called video_ts and also create an empty folder called audio_ts, both must be on the root directory of the disk and should be in capital letters. also, rewritable disks are handy for testing things like this.

3. mrmojo448

mrmojo448 Member

Thanks Flash,

I will try the things you listed. I did mess up, cause I read that the files have to be in a folder named VIDEO_TS and I forgot!! Also, thanks for pointing out DVD+RW, I will use those with all my "experiments" in the future.

4. malum

malum Regular member

You think you've wasted $40 because you can't be bothered to read anything about how to burn a DVD? Jesus, some people need their hand holding.

BTW if you do have that list of files ready to burn then it isn't going to fit on a DVD anyway

5. mrmojo448

mrmojo448 Member

Well,

At least Flash had something constructive to say. As far as reading up on it, I looked on their homepage and did a keyword search for DVD2ONE and could NOT find what program worked best for the actual burning nor any directions on how to do it. Im sure I could have looked longer, but figured someone would be kind enough to help me out after reading my Subject. Something must have made you pop your head in here ;-) Anyway, I love the program and I appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE help that can be provided. Thanks.

6. mrmojo448

mrmojo448 Member

Even if it's just a good Link !!! ;)

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

mrmojo448.

I am looking at ur first post (list of files).
    There is too much information in those files to fit on a blank dvd.
    They need to be approx 4.36Gb.

If these r 'the original files' they wont fit.

IS THIS THE FULL DVD RIPPED?????????

How are u ripping the dvd (what software).

Could u list ur process?

For ref I use nero (udf only) with dvd2one with no problems.

Did u try what flash said?

Generally I just decrypt the MAIN MOVIE FILE ONLY this gives me 1 ifo and several vob files.

This saves it in a dir(name of film) inside a folder called VIDEO_TS(uppercase).

I then open dvd2one and select the above dir/folder as the source.

Then (create one earlier in uppercase) select the VIDEO_TS folder as the destination.

click next and select the movie line(normally the one with the most chapters) click next.

Then select the audio - ac3 6 ch english.

Maybe tick english subtitle

then click next.

Dvd2one does it's thing.

Then I check the VIDEO_TS folder of the new one created and u should have(example only):

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB

These files in total should add up to 4.36Gb NOTHING more.

This folder is now considered authored and should burn successfully in most burning software such as nero/recordnowmax etc.

A friend uses recordnowmax on the default settings and has no problems.

Hope this helps or highlights a poss problem in ur method, let me know how u go on!

8. mrmojo448

mrmojo448 Member

Thanks BaaBaa -

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to help a newb with a new Sony DRU-500 and a mighty hankering for backing up his DVD's and Games. I love this board and will use this board nearly exclusively from this point forward. Thanks to all (and to all a good thanks!!)

Mojo

9. mrmojo448

mrmojo448 Member

BTW - Baabaa (and anyone else interested) I will post my results tonight. I will use dvd2one again on the original decrypted files in order to get them all below 4.36. I used dvd-dycryptor to decode one of my favorites - Seven.

After dvd2one has done its thing, I will make sure that the files are the right size and that they are in a folder named VIDEO_TS

Than I will record max to make a data disc and just slide this folder in and burn!! Wish me luck..

10. malum

malum Regular member

Sorry if I sounded harsh but a quick read of any guide or a quick search on burning would have given you the answer to your problem.
    I was just getting hacked off with people who can't be arsed to search and assume that the question has never been asked before.
    You just happened to catch my wrath

11. mrmojo448

mrmojo448 Member

Malum,

Thats cool, you don't need to apologize, I understand your frustration. I did a quick search for answers, but overall I prob gave up and made this post before I should have. I had just bought the program and was anxious to use it ;) Again, if there is a link that you know of with all the answer (or most) let me know, thanks..

Mojo

12. malum

malum Regular member

http://www.dvd2dvdr.com/
    after trying many this is the best guide I have found, but if you are going to use dvd2one you won't need it. Well you might for those tricky discs

13. Pratticus

Pratticus Guest

Also, remember that DVD2ONE is for the MAIN MOVIE ONLY.

I ripped an entire DVD to my HD and tried to run it through DVD2ONE. It worked, the times displayed were all messed up, but the final output was a 6Gb folder. All you need for DVD2ONE is the VTS_01_x.VOB and the VTS_01_x.IFO.

Cheers.

14. jeepers94

jeepers94 Guest

If people woul just click on "How to use"on dvd2one.com,and print it out,things might go smoother.They do recommend RecordNow or Prassi,but not Nero.

15. carlhowar

carlhowar Guest

i have also burned many dvds in the way listed above but did find as recommended by dvd2one help that nero is not 100% dvd compatible and does not work with some standalone dvd players.
    i personally use recordnow max 4 with no coasters as of yet. However, i do have a question, has anyone been able to include the start menu with the above and is it in fact possible without exceeding the 4.36gb.

oh and Mallum, you need to take a couple of chill pills mate and remember that some of us are newbees and are just experimenting. The forums are not just for the pros as we rely on the more knowledgable to teach us. cheers.

16. malum

malum Regular member

Generally speaking I assume that people visiting here know what the word 'search' means and can click on said word on the top of the screen and see if the question they have asked has been answered 100 times before.

It what I did when I arrived here as a newbie, and i expect the same from others

17. carlhowar

carlhowar Guest

10/10 for a lightening response mallum - do you ever sleep ? i have tried "searching" for advice on adding a menu to my films on dvd2one but to no evail (i think thats the right word) perhaps you may know if this is possible keeping the files small enough to fit onto a -dvdr or if not you may find it a worthy challenge to find out. cheers c.

oh and again 10/10 for speed i was impressed, no seriously, i was

18. malum

malum Regular member

I just happened to be here :)

i'm not entirely sure what you are asking
    is it
    a) you want to use DVD2one and still keep the menu
    b) you want to use some other method and still keep the menu

If it's a) the I think you are out of luck. i think it could be done but it would be a pain in the neck.
    If it's b) then It can be done quite easily I believe but I never bother to keep the menu unless I am making an image copy of a DVD5 where it is unavoidable so I haven't looked into it.

I can never quite understand why anyone wants the menu if they have stripped all the extras out as it won't point to anything anyway

19. carlhowar

carlhowar Guest

HI MALLUM,

I AM INDEED REFERING TO OPTION (A) AND AM A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED TO HEAR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE
    AS I THINK MY BACKUP -DVDRS LOOK A LITTLE NEARER THE ORIGINAL WITH A PRETTY MENU AT THE BEGINNING, BUT OH WHAT THE HELL, IF IT CANT BE DONE I WILL HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH JUST THE MOVIE, IT BEATS THE 13 HOURS IT USED TO TAKE ME USING VCD GALAXY, TMPEG AND DVDIT.

THANKS ALOT MALLUM, AND I DO APPOLOGISE ABOUT THE CHILL PILLS,IT SEEMS YOUR BARK IS NOT AS BIG AS YOUR BITE, SEE YA C.

20. malum

malum Regular member

No need to shout mate