1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with dvd2xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by TripLe666, Mar 19, 2007.

1. TripLe666

TripLe666 Guest

hey ive been using the program dvd2xbox to backup dvds to my x box's hard drive and watch them and never had a problem with it until lately. i have like 10 dvds ive put on there and all work fine never had a problem til last night, i tried to copy a dvd to it and it worked fine said there was no errors or nothing then when i clicked on the file inside the video folder to make it play to see if it worked the screen went black for a second then all of a sudden it just went back to the screen i was at before. some of the video files in it work some of them look all messed up and freeze, but when i click the main one it just goes black then back to the screen in x box media player. i thought maybe it was just a problem with the dvd i was backing up so i tried a different dvd, and had same problem wont work, so now im pretty positive its something wrong with the x box or program because the dvd2xbox will copy the dvds but all the ones i copy now dont work! all the old ones i did work, so something is going wrong with dvd2xbox i guess. im going to try a third dvd right now just to make sure but i really need this to work! anyone ever had this problem and can help me id really appreciate it! i have an xecuter chip btw, thanks in advance :(

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

clear your cache files

3. TripLe666

TripLe666 Guest

Sorry this might be a newb question...how do i clear my cashe files ive never done that before?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

go to file explorer on your dash and format the drives X Y and Z and delete anything in the folder E:cache\

5. TripLe666

TripLe666 Guest

deleted the stuff in the cache folder and there was only one file in z called temp i deleted and it still wouldnt work for those movies . however i did copy another movie i have and it worked for that one. any idea why it wouldnt work for the 2 other movies? the movies are infernal affairs II and III. neither one will copy right just show the black screen and go back. those two are the only ones i think that wont copy. the wierd thing is i copied infernal affairs I and that one worked fine before. thanks for your help. but any other ideas?

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

not really, thats fixed all my problems, just before you copy anything from now on clear your cache files

7. TripLe666

TripLe666 Guest

hmm still didnt work, but only for those two dvds. maybe they just cant be copied? dont think so tho cuz as i said they are part of a trilogy and i copied the first one fine. thanks for your help but sadly it did not work :( i hope i can get these two things to copy man!!