1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With DVDFAB

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Mely4fun, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Mely4fun

Mely4fun Member

I'm trying to d/l dvdfab on a friends computer which is a Dell windows 98...everything installed fine but it gives me and error when I bring up fab telling me I need to go to http:/dvdfab/download/setupASPI.exe

but the site will not come up...I think the error is telling me that I need to update the ASPI file? Not sure...I appracaite any help someone can give me.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Try updating ASPI here and then see if you can get DVDFab installed.

3. Mely4fun

Mely4fun Member

Thank you so much for your help...I went to the site you gave me...but I'm a computer dummy...lol..I can't seem to find what I need to d/l...to update my ASPI file

4. LOCOENG

The instructions are on the site for what you need to do. First download and extract forceASPI17.ZIP then...

EDIT: don't forget to reboot

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  5. Mely4fun

Mely4fun Member

ok..yes I went to that site and d/l what you said..I rebooted...clicked on the file I d/l all it did was brought up information about my ASPI...but it didn't update nothing..

Winaspi.dll Version 1.0...4/24/99
    Apixvxd 4.00 4/24/99
    Aspienum.vxd...N/A

ASPI is not a properly installed one or more components have been replaced with older verison of the software.

I also d/l nero on this computer and when I checked the ASPI file under Nero it tells me its working properly

I just don't understand why DVDFAB is giving me all this problem..do you think the New DVDfabHD will work with 98SE..I had read it did so I'm really lost on why I'm having so many problems

I also put a bunner in this computer it seems to be working fine..and also Shrink..but I really need FAB to break the codes on the movies.

6. LOCOENG

You have to go through the steps until it works properly...there should be no reason why it shouldn't work.

I would run killASPI first anyway...then instASPI. Reboot and double check the outcome.