1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with EAC! It need 5 hours for 1 cd!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Smith_X, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Smith_X

Smith_X Member

Hello,

Today I just purchase 6 music cds from shop and I have my own habit that will not use the cd for listen. I will rip it as mp3 high quanlity for listen. For the original cd, I will keep it in my cubboard instead. (worship?)

Well, but now I notice that the new cd (Japanese Pop music) have protection!! The cactus shield 200. I do read the guide in this website and I follow everything with step by step.

However, I have 1 question that I need help. The speed of ripping cd is very slow. I should say it's never slow than this anymore. I use the Lite-On CD Writer 52x24x52 as ripping drive. I'm turn off the autorun to ensure that Cactus will not harm my systems.

The ripping speed is goes far about 0.1x - 0.2x only. I'm not sure that the safe mode will cause this minimum speed or not. So, I need your help.

I had use Easy CD-DA 6.5 before and I think that's fine. I never try the protection cd with easy cd-da yet.

Have anybody try Easy CD-DA 7.0? Does it pass the copy protection or not?

Excuse me, next question. If I would like to rip the cd as cd audio image exclude the protection. Is it possible and how I do that?

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

3. Smith_X

Smith_X Member

I do search before I post Gringle and there is no hit result could help me. Most result is about bittorrent slow download speed.

I think Easy CD-DA work fine for me. It can bypass Cactus Shield Protection 200 anyway.

Easy CD-DA Extractor ripping at 5X speed (50 times faster than EAC.) However, I still want to know why EAC is very slow.

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Well here's another link you appear to have missed.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/cactusdatashield.cfm

Now because the bulk of your question was about cactusdatashield, and certainly by your first posting I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that your use of basic, English,
    was some-what limited.

I reiterate. I have no knowledge of Easy CD-DA 7.0

regards
    gringle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005
  5. Gringle

Gringle Guest

However a five minute search with google produced this link
    http://www.tucows.com/preview/218449.html

(edit) I think you may have a clash of programs, most of us have learned; the hard way, not to use a program, no matter how well presented, untill better folk in numbers endorse it. (edit end)

gringle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005
  6. Smith_X

Smith_X Member

Thanks very much Gringle.

But I do have Easy CD-DA Extractor (old version) that's work fine. It can rip music from protection cd perfect quality at very fast speed and have no glitch sound.

The question I doubt that is why EAC can rip at very slow speed. (0.1-0.2x) but Easy CD-DA Extractor can rip at 5.0-6.2x speed. (50 times faster) my assumption is.. I have wrong setting which I do not know.

However, I have a new method to share.
    ** Blindy Burn **
    1. Use Clone CD v5.0 or later to create back up image.
    2. Burn the Image with Clone CD with slow speed (my test is 4x.) I test with CD-RW

The result is.. only audio track were burned. No Protection anymore. (FANTASTIC)

Thanks you Gringle for your reply ^^. Hope I share what I got with others.