1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with exector 3

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by k2rid3r, Mar 31, 2005.

1. k2rid3r

k2rid3r Member

ok i just installed the chip on my 1 .6 xbox, after about a hour of work ( first soldering) anyway i have a few left over peices. i used this site below http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin16.htm the parts that i did not use are 10 and 6.
    also when i start the xbox up using the mod chip nothing happins all i get is a black screen. any ideas on whats wrong. i thought that bios were pre programed on the chip do i need to flash them in?

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

sounds like you may have damaged the motherboard...if the install is good the xbox will boot to a blue Flashbios screen...triple check your solder points.

3. k2rid3r

k2rid3r Member

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yours didn't look like that cuz you prolly have the x3ce

it never hurts to check your solder points, and look for solder splashes as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005
  5. k2rid3r

k2rid3r Member

thanks man that was awesome advice and quick responce =D .... is there any chance that i did damage to my accutal mother bored?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

there is always a possibility that you damaged the board if you have never soldered before.

but before you just give up and say the board is messed...go over your solder points 3 or 4 times and examine them very carefully.

7. k2rid3r

k2rid3r Member

ok i fixed the welding (w.e. its called) this time im absolutly sure its done right.....now i cant turn it on. it goes on for a few second then it just turns off ...or the eject buttom blinks in multi colors.....arg ill add pics as soon as i can please any help will be greatly appericated

i was reading around and found out that its frag

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005