1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with flashFXP and slayer Evox2.5

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 666Hate, Apr 13, 2004.

1. 666Hate

666Hate Member

i just installed a Exectuer 2.3b , everything is going fine, but I can't connect to my xbox using FlashFXP, i don't know how to use FlashFXP, i was following the Evox for dummies guide but I still can't connect, I have the slayer's Evox on screen, looking at the settings, but how do I connect to the xbox. I know the user name and password is both xbox, I am using a crossover cable and a NIC card and WindowsXP. Please Help.

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

What are your settings when you look at them while you are running the boot disk? The ip should be something like 192.168.0.2 and the gateway should be like 192.168.0.1
    Now on your settings on your computer you must set your computers IP to whatever the default gateway is on your xbox.

**Note** you cannot change any settings at all in Evox. You can try, and it will appear that they have changed, but since its a CD and not on your hard drive it WILL NOT CHANGE. So you must go by whatever your settings say when you start up the boot disk, or you can make a new disk with a different .ini file to edit the xbox's IP...

Now you open up FlashFXP and click on the lightning bolt near the top right of the screen. Click on quick connect. Now enter in the info. The address is the xbox's IP. The username is xbox, the password is xbox, the port should stay at 21. Now click connect and it should work.

Make sure that when you turn on your xbox the crossover cable is already connected. You can NOT turn on your xbox and then insert the cable, if you do then it will not connect.

hope this helps...