1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with FTP to my softmodded xbox!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mayday295, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mayday295

mayday295 Member

Ok i have soft modded my xbox, and am now running evolutionx. What i want to do is hook it up to my computer to FTP. I have downloaded filezilla as my client, and my setup is NOT a static ip. I have my xbox linked from my router to my pc! I have read the tutorial for both static, and router setup but i have run into difficulties.
    In Filezilla when i try to connect (btw i allready did wizard setup, and everything works good) to my xbox I get an error message like "cannot connect, server rejected connection" or something.

I have pinged my xbox and setup my settings according to the router setup tutorial. But i just can't seem to FTP into it! Please help as to what my problem could be! --and do not suggest to do static ip, because i have dynamic DCHP and will not change!

2. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Couple of things to try...

Install XBMC on your xbox and launch it, it has its own seperate FTP server built in.

Make sure you are using flashFXP as your ftp client, programs like FileZilla & CyberDuck dont work correctly

Hope this helps.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

It's FlashFXP that's to be avoided. Filezilla is excellent.

4. aLittleBunny

aLittleBunny Member

I'm not sure but you can check out Tutorial Land

It has all sorts of tutorials having to do with the Xbox and other such things, even Brita filters.

5. firefoxx04

firefoxx04 Member

i have used flash ftp for the past 3 years and it has worked great.

when you use command prompt to ping your xbox from your computer you get 4 replies correct? (amusing you have a windows based computer)

whether it is a static ip or dynamic does not matter.

just make sure your router, computer and xbox all have a very similar ip.

EXAMPLE, my router has an ip of 192.168.1.1 and my xbox has an ip of 192.168.1.45 and finally my computer has an ip of 192.168.1.44

the only difference between the IP should be the last set of numbers.

but again, if you can successfully ping the xbox that means the network is setup correct.

if you cannot ping the xbox it could meen one of two things.

the xbox is setup wrong
    or the xbox dash is preventing a ping (businesses do this to prevent a hacker from repeatedly pinging them in an effort to slow their network down considerably)

to make sure the xbox has the correct network settings fist make sure your default gateway and domain name is the same as your routers IP

should be something like this 192.168.1.1 (most routers have that by default)

once you do that make sure your xbox ip has the same setup as the routers IP

EXAMPLE router 192.168.1.1
    xbox 192.168.1.44*
    *45 could be anything, all that matters is that the first 3 sets of numbers are the same.

then make sure your netmask AKA subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 that is what it should be unless you know what you are doing and have considerable knowledge with networking.

once you know that your xbox and router and computer all have compatible IPs try to ftp once again. make sure you use the right password and username

the default i think is username: xbox pass: xbox (im not sure so read up on what it is for your given dash

if it still does not work, i recommend remodding the xbox and choose the unleashed X dash instead. (depends on what kind of exploit you use, i know the nuder exploit has the option of evox or unleashed)

then i recommend flashftp.

flash ftp is very easy to use. just press connect and put your xboxs IP, username, and password in.

i hope my big post clears something up.. i got carried away a little bit.