1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with HITCH

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kzar, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yazman

yazman Member

hey dudes, I AM HAVING TROUBLE COPYING HITCH TO MY HARD DRIVE.... i have installed DVD43 and the face has gone green. I next opened DVD Decrypter and it stopped at the file: VTS_08_2.VOB

In DVD Shrink it once again stopped at 23% and gave this message after about 5 minutes... 'The request cannot be performed beacause of an I/O device error.' I know that my computer and DVD drives are just fine!

Also on both programs after running DVD43 it says that the DVD is not encryped. So i dont see what the problem is. Please help..... HOW EXACTLY DID U COPY HITCH... IT STOPS ON THE FILE I MENTIONED ABOVE

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

to yazman. first, when using decrypter close dvd43, they don't work well together. you should close dvd before opening decrypter.

to close dvd43: arrow on top of the little yellow face, rightclick on it and click on close.
    good luck

Last edited: Jul 9, 2005
  3. yazman

yazman Member

Ok the only difference is that i can copy the file seperately but i still cant encrypt it while I encrypt the whole DVD. This is weird, i am going to see if it will work though. Thanks 4 ur help... i need 2 return DVD today so if it doesnt work now i will not be able 2 watch it:(

4. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i recommend you do movie only. it is easier on the program this way.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi all,

I would have though you would have gotten the message by now. DVD43 was updated once in Feb of 2005 to handle the basic ARccOS encryption introduced in Nov. 2004. Do not lQQk for it to be updated soon, it's not going to happen. At it's very best, DVD43 can only handle 86% of he DVD encryptions out there today.
    Please note this and remember it, DVD43 is not the answer to anything that has come into play since last Feb. and even then, it didn't rip everything at that time.

If you wish to use DVD Decrypter then insert a proper PLS file into DVDD to handle this encryption. To understand and apply PSL files, refer to this thread in Digital Video Forums.

PSL file information can be found here:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=52146&highlight=problems+DVD+Decrypter

OR,

Start using AnyDVD which is updated regularly. As a matter of fact, it was updated 04, July, 2005 to handle the encryption twist on the basic Sony ARccOS encryption used in the movie Hitch.

Here is a note from the update history of AnyDVD:

Re HITCH:

- New: Added support for a new version of the "Sony ARccOS protection" as found on "Hitch" R1 (US) to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors" - Fix: Problem introduced in AnyDVD version 5.2.4.2 - not all unreadable areas of ARccOS protected discs were replaced with dummy sectors.
    (This info from AnyDVD was previously mentioned by nohelpme. All we have to do is read these excellent posts)

To take advantage of the 21-day free, full function AnyDVD download from here:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Your only other option was published earlier by DVDMIKE1 and appears to be a decent work around:

To rip the DVD Hitch:
    (by DVDMIKE)
    1. Open up hitch in DVD Shrink click on full disk.
    2.On the left side of the program highlight the menus folder, then go back to the right side of the program and un-check the audio file named AC3 2ch unspecified.
    3. Then go back to the left side of the program and highlight the main movie folder.
    4. After you open up the main movie folder, on the right side of the program un-check everything except (AC3 5.1-ch English).
    This should remove all those blank media files that freeze up in all the rippers.
    5. Then just run the program like you have before and you should get a perfect copy good luck!

Using either DVD Decrypter with the proper PSL file OR using AnyDVD will allow you to copy the entire DVD or "Movie only" without a "Hitch". (Lol, I couldn't resist that opening :D)

That should take care of all issues about Hitch.

Cheers,

Pete

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i have to desagree with scubapete. dvd43 free does handle this ARccOSS protection just fine. i backed up this movie with 1clickdvd and dvd43 in the bachground. we all don't have the same system, what work for you, may not work for me,which is why even those with great computer systems encounter problems from time to time.

7. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Well this is my own personal opinion on hitch...I believe they use the old silent audio track trick...they also use a new version of sony arcoos that gets us tripped up... my copy of hitch is ok...it has about 5 errors when it plays... and the audio goes up and down slightly...

8. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

my copy(main-only)has no errors.

9. DVDMIKE1

DVDMIKE1 Guest

To: Megabyte2
    To ansure your question even if you use the french audio file on the master disk it will still work because you need to look at a dvd as a computer tree file, so if used it will still find it's way to the french audio stream.
    But yes the files before the actule audio file are blank witch can not be read, causing error massages.

10. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

stupid silent audio track trick

11. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

man that is old school...

12. DVDMIKE1

DVDMIKE1 Guest

Oh just to let you all know I did graduate from High School class of 93" and now I'm a P.C. Repair Tec. but that day I was so mad at the dvd's and kid's thing, so I was typing very fast and not thinking or maybe it was the other way around maybe I was thinking faster then what I was typing.
    Well I just wanted to say sorry and if anyone need's help on dvd's just let me know.
    I clone dvd's all day every day when I,M not working on a computer besides I don't even buy dvd's I rent them copy them then take them back to the store.
    Well for all you newbes I don't know if you will see me on this thread anymore since I already told you all how to get Hitch I havent had any trouble on any other dvd's using the newest version of ANYDVD and DVDDECRYPTER good luck and maybe I will see you on another thread.
    Bye Bye Now!

13. DVDMIKE1

DVDMIKE1 Guest

Sorry I ment DVDShrink!!!!

14. dj928

dj928 Member

Lisa wrote:

<<Hi. First of all how do i use the decrypter to remove the protection schemes & run thru DVD Shrink to compress? Where n details can i have instructions step by step in doing this process? Could u give them to me? Also, could i use the DVD Decrypter after all those steps to burn the movie onto my dvdr? thx.. >>

I never saw an answer to this, and I checked the links that I saw which appeared to be for her. Could someone please tell me the answer to her question? Thank you.

15. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Argh MIKE! Dont say you rent movies then copy them thats illegal. No matter what your doing never post it. Ow man your a bad bad man.

16. DVDMIKE1

DVDMIKE1 Guest

Well just to let you know it's not illegal.
    It's only illegal if you sell them if your using them for your own personal use it's fine other than that it would still be illegal to copy them after you buy them but thank you for your concern.

17. DVDMIKE1

DVDMIKE1 Guest

Plus all the guy's from the video store I get my dvd's from all do the same thing and we help each other out.

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Off topic again - thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.