1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with IE7

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by addicted2, Jan 24, 2007.

1. addicted2

addicted2 Member

hi. i have windows xp with ie7, everything works perfect for me execpt just the other night i updated yahoo messenger and now for some reason when i go to close the IE i get an error that says windows is having a problem and must shut down,then gives me the options to debug dont send or send the error to MS. any ideas on how to fix this. it does not effect the performance of my interneting it's just annoying as crap.

thanks for any and all help..

add

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Did you install the latest full version or beta of Yahoo Messenger? If you've installed the beta, uninstall and go back to the last full version.

As far as turning off Error Reporting, right click My Computer, go to Properties. Click on the Advanced tab, then the Error Reporting button. Check the top box.

3. brumbrum

brumbrum Member

GET FIREFOX - it is way better and faster than IE.

www.mozilla.com

4. Speedle

Speedle Member

I like Opera also. With IE you can catch a lot of viruses :(

5. addicted2

addicted2 Member

after i download firefox will i have to add all my favs and internet addys or will firefox automatically copy them for me? i have a ton of them and dont want to retype them.

thanks

add

6. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

After setting up Firefox (or Thunderbird for your email app)...both programs will go thru an import wizard. That's where it will add all your shortcuts, history, passwords, favorites and settings.