1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with kazaa movies

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by chamo, Mar 3, 2003.

1. chamo

chamo Member

When I dowloaded a movie and tried to watch it, it came out as just audio. I downloaded a .avi file the first time. However, I tried to download a music video, which was a .mpg file. This worked perfectly, so I thought this was my problem. When try to download a regular movie that is a .mpg file, i says "remotely queued" or "more sources needed", and it won't download. Please tell me what I am doing wrong, you ca e-mail me (Scottie255@aol.com), or post, thank you!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. PopWeasel

PopWeasel Member

The first .avi movie you tried to watch (that only produced audio and not video) did that because you are missing the video codec to decode (watch) the video part of the movie. If you are using Windows XP, right click the file and go to Properties - Summary and it will tell you what codecs (audio and video) were used to create the movie. Then you will know what codec you need to download and install to watch the movie.

Also, if you are using Windows Media Player 9 to watch your avi's with then you can set it up to automatically download any codecs you are missing to play a file. To do this, open WMP9 and click Tools - Options and in the Player tab, click "Download codecs automatically." See if that helps.

As for downloading the full .mpg movie and getting the "remotely queued" or "more sources needed" messages- these are messages you get when using KaZaA. You didn't state that you were using KaZaA so I'm assuming here. The "remotely queued" message means that the person you are trying to download the file from has no more upload slots available (i.e. if he has his KaZaA program set to allow 4 simultaneous uploads to other users, if there are 4 people already downloading from him you will get this message) and you will have to wait until one of the other person's download from him finishes before yours can start.

The "more sources needed" message happens when someone on the KaZaA network has the particular file you are looking for but they are not currently online.

If you are using KaZaA, why not use KaZaA Lite instead? All the power of KaZaA, without the nasty spyware included. Http://www.kazaalite.com Version 2.02 bld 1 is out now...

Hope this helps..!