1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With making a backup of halo2!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by raptor190, Mar 15, 2007.

1. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

Okay im trying to burn halo2 to a memorex DVD+R 4.7GB. First i modded my console. Then i ftped Halo2 to my computer. Next I opened the xIso program Qwix. Then i clicked create Iso. Then i clicked the bubble next to local folder. Then I opened up halo2 and made a save destination. It made the halo2 Iso perfectly fine. Next I Opened up DvD Decrypter and clicked mode then iso then write. Then i clicked source and made it halo2 iso. then it said that the destination was (no writers detected). so i clicked the arrow next to it hoping i could change the destination to the right disk but their wasnt anymore options besides no writers detected . help

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  2. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

It also says fat 32 does not support 4GB cds and and it says on the log 1 dvd-rom found! When i go to mode i go to Iso then write i pick my source and then i try to burn but it says theres no writers detected WTF Please help

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  3. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

4. steimy

steimy Active member

well FAT 32 does have a 4GB file size limit, so that could be causing you a problem.

Have you tried any other burning programs like IMGburn?
    Have you looked in your system (start-controlpanel-system-hardware-device manager) then look at the DVD drive and see if it shows it as working properly or if it has a big yellow (!) mark which means it is not.

5. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

Ill try

6. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

device manager says my device is working properly i will try IMGburn.

7. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

I triied IMGburn and it did the same thing and device manager said DVD drive was working propely. Is their any settings i have to cange in image burn so it will work. I also tried updating my drivers for the DVD drive and windows said that it couldnt find any drivers that could work better than the ones i have now. DO i need to get a dvd drive that can hold 2 discs? Please help steimy PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

Can someone help me with my problem

9. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

I also went into image burn then under drive then to capabilities and it shows i had no Write capabilities only some read capabilities. Does this have anything to do with my problem. If so what can i do to fix this problem.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD-Rom drive?
    What is the make and model number.
    A Rom drive would be able to read the disc and copy it to the PC but not burn it to another disc, just like you are saying now.
    PLus get some better discs as Memorex are horrible. Those will most likely not work even if you can burn them. Get some Verbatim 8X DVD-R