1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with me trying to encode divx and xvid so i can make svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rowu, Dec 4, 2003.

1. rowu

rowu Member

i use TMPGEnc 2.59 plus, the divx/xvid files i'm trying to encode i would load the video file and it automatically loaded the audio so i thought everything was fine. However the sound is absent, but video is fine. any tips or help anyone can offer.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is Because Tmpgenc doesn"t Like certain Audio fromats so the audio has to be either extracted from the AVI file to Wav format and then the wav file used as the audio source which can be done useing Virtual dub...But I find it easier to use a Little Tool called "Decompress.exe" that comes with a crappy encoder called AVI2VCD..It will Turn your AVI with compressed Audio to an AVI with Uncompressed Audio which Tmpgenc will happilly Encode...If you want the 'Decompress.exe" tool just message me with your e-mail and I"ll send it to you....Cheers